Is this allowed...???

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
BEING 21 YEARS OLD

Shouting it does not mean you are right.

Show me the policy that says you have to be 21 to shuttle a package to a driver in your personal vehicle.

Wait, don't waste your time.

There is none.

The correct choice is to use exception air drivers, over 21, who are in progression.

I agree. But as the OP stated, there were none present.

So now the choice became

1. Miss service

2. Use management to shuttle it.

3. Use a pre-loader to shuttle it.

Look, my first choice is to use a FT employee to do this, or at least a PT air driver. But if none are present, hell, UPS used a union member instead of management.

And now we want to tell them they screwed up?

The idea that the only choices are...

-Management doing it

That was the only choice in this situation.

The OP says this is "normal practice".

OK. I agree with you that if this is "normal practice," that if this happens regulary, they need to staff their operation properly.

I believe that the OP said they normally have an air driver to do this but she was on vacation.

If it ever comes to a choice of management or a union member, I choose the union member everytime, pre-loader, unloader, sorter, does not matter.

W

What The Hawk?

Shouting it does not mean you are right.

Show me the policy that says you have to be 21 to shuttle a package to a driver in your personal vehicle.

Wait, don't waste your time.

There is none.

I agree. But as the OP stated, there were none present.

So now the choice became

1. Miss service

2. Use management to shuttle it.

3. Use a pre-loader to shuttle it.

Look, my first choice is to use a FT employee to do this, or at least a PT air driver. But if none are present, hell, UPS used a union member instead of management.

And now we want to tell them they screwed up?

That was the only choice in this situation.

OK. I agree with you that if this is "normal practice," that if this happens regulary, they need to staff their operation properly.

I believe that the OP said they normally have an air driver to do this but she was on vacation.

If it ever comes to a choice of management or a union member, I choose the union member everytime, pre-loader, unloader, sorter, does not matter.
Somebody is sensitive.

W

What The Hawk?

Sorry, but it is not okay to take an underage preloader who would not be getting proper compensation to shuttle. If they wanted an underage person to do this, being 21 wouldn't be requirement.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'd rather you do it and file on you than put an underage preloader at personal and financial risk.

This is a "normal" thing at OP's center. This is not ok.
I completely agree it shouldn't be a normal thing. But it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. We followed the contract and you guys complain. Not to mention everybody talks about how underpaid the PTers are, but you guys never seem to fight for them at contract time.

W

What The Hawk?

You've never driven a day in your life but you're going to lecture me on DOT regs? Adorable.
Yes I am, just because you're doing it doesn't mean it's okay to do. It's not. Union needs to be notified about this.

ThatOnePreloader

Unprofessional Professional
Sorry, boss. Shuttlers are still exception air drivers even if they're not delivering. Only time delivering or not becomes a pay question is if they're delivering Ground packages.

@ThatOnePreloader Are you guys even being paid mileage to shuttle packages out in your own vehicles for preloader pay? PVDs will be getting that plus $18.xx/hr pay this peak season.

Edit: Not sure on the PVD hourly pay rate. Think I saw that confirmed somewhere.
No we don't get paid for mileage. The task is treated as if it's just something small and extra we could do rather than another entire position

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yes I am, just because you're doing it doesn't mean it's okay to do. It's not. Union needs to be notified about this.
Good God you’re dense. Right from Article 40 (you should know what that means being an expert)
C581666D-1591-4B8E-821B-482892BE197E.jpeg