Is this normal?

542thruNthru

0fbc5ab0-5411-4720-8450-8eca3565da36_text.gif

Hub Rat

Let me make sure I got this right. Someone with less seniority then you has a radio and you're upset about it?

Are they still sorting or are they standing around giving orders? They hand out radios to guys here all the time so that they can alert management to problems like jams.

So what's the big deal. I don't get it.

Oh, oh no. God no, you misunderstand. My apologies for the vagueness.

In terms of the sort aisle I'm in, both of us carry radios. Seniority is irrelevant here. And we both still work, so that's irrelevant, too.

I was more or less wondering if it was normal for hourlies to be carrying radios, and it appears that it's not unheard of. So I guess I got my answer.

@ the rest of the posters in this thread: 10/10 gr8 :censored2:posting.

specter208

Oh, oh no. God no, you misunderstand. My apologies for the vagueness.

In terms of the sort aisle I'm in, both of us carry radios. Seniority is irrelevant here. And we both still work, so that's irrelevant, too.

I was more or less wondering if it was normal for hourlies to be carrying radios, and it appears that it's not unheard of. So I guess I got my answer.

@ the rest of the posters in this thread: 10/10 gr8 :censored2:posting.
Not sure why it wouldn't be normal if they are necessary for the job. I'm a Shifter and use radios all the time. Yard-Certified Hourlies must wear yellow-reflective vests same as management.

Hub Rat

Not sure why it wouldn't be normal if they are necessary for the job. I'm a Shifter and use radios all the time. Yard-Certified Hourlies must wear yellow-reflective vests same as management.

I suppose my issue is that there is even a need to carry a radio when there should be a supervisor, you know, supervising?

Though I do recognize the advantages of not being directly supervised, I guess I find it weird that a company would allow their workers to work without a supervisor.

Maybe I find it hard to believe that someone finds me competent enough to lead anything. #inadvertantlyfishingforcompliments

edit: added word

Last edited:

trickpony1

Maybe I find it hard to believe that someone finds me competent enough to lead anything.

The company is playing you for a fool.

They are playing your ego and, apparently, low self esteem by giving you a radio so you can strut around with this "look at me" machismo so your co workers will admire and respect you.

It's a subtle jab at organized labor that a union member has been subjugated. (I used a big word)

Last edited:

Hub Rat

The company is playing you for a fool.

They are playing your ego and, apparently, low self esteem by giving you a radio so you can strut around with this "look at me" machismo so your co workers will admire and respect you.

It's a subtle jab at organized labor that a union member has be subjugated. (I used a big word)

200w.gif

trailer loader

Trailer Loader
The only other person I have seen in my hub with a radio other than sups is our responder so he can quickly respond to leakers and such without someone searching for him they can just call him on the radio