Is this what the "war" is really about?

thelorax

I do not like Bush and it makes me sad to think that history will look upon him not as a bumbling idiot, but rather a great visionary that had the foresight to place the US in an excellent strategic position. Of course it probably wasn't really him with the foresight, it was whoever is pulling his strings, but he's going to get the credit.

- In a nutshell - Everyone that thinks this war was about oil is right. But it's not about today's oil, it's about tomorrow's. We're never leaving Iraq. Due to our refusal to develop realistic options for alternative fuels, we have no choice but to follow the oil while we work to find an alternative. We don't know when it will run out, but many of the experts are saying that we're currently at peak production. From this point on, there is only going to be less. And as China continues to grow exponentially, the amount of oil available to the world will shrink faster and faster every day. As the supply begins to get tight, nations will begin to go to war over it and W has strategically placed a base of operations right in the center of the largest reserve on earth....

quote]

Guy- I agree with you... you are so right. But we as a nation, have TOTALLY underestimated both our own dependnce on oil and the amount of oil the tiger (China) will need. The numbers literally blow the mind.

It is insane how much energy China will need through is industrialization and beyond. Makes out enromous demands look paltry.

diesel96

The brainwashing of President Bush and Co.to our "gullable conservative brothers" on this website continues with the idea that Iraq is now "the central front in the war on terror." In all, Bush used the words "terror" or "terrorist/terrorism" repeatedly in keynote speeches referring to the Iraq war on terror.But are the Sheites,Sunis and Kurds the 9/11 enemy? This Admistration's attempt to embed to a clear thinking audience is failing, who see al-Qaeda as a problem brought into the country by the U.S. invasion rather than by Saddam Hussein.Because we invaded the wrong country,we are far from dealing a blow to al-Qaeda and making the U.S. and its allies safer.This is not a knock on our military what so ever, there doing their job as directed but the path this Adminstration has led many of you "infallable conservatives" not to question the Iraq invasion has in fact substantially strengthened not only Bin Laden's network but has perked interest amomg radical muslins worldwide and increased the danger of attacks in the West. In fact al-Queda is using Iraq as a training ground to gain combat experince.(Sort of like a minor league farm system in baseball)
Al-Qaeda's recruitment and fundraising efforts had been given a major boost by the U.S. invasion of Iraq. Potential terrorists(even non-muslin) are on the rise, with recruitment accelerating on account of Iraq.We could also throw Hezbala into the mix also. So ask yourself ,are we safer now after 5 years in Iraq?Hasn't Iraq diverted our attention to the real terrorism threats outside that country.Snap out of it Iraq supporters.

Overpaid Union Thug

The brainwashing of President Bush and Co.to our "gullable conservative brothers" on this website continues with the idea that Iraq is now "the central front in the war on terror." In all, Bush used the words "terror" or "terrorist/terrorism" repeatedly in keynote speeches referring to the Iraq war on terror.But are the Sheites,Sunis and Kurds the 9/11 enemy? This Admistration's attempt to embed to a clear thinking audience is failing, who see al-Qaeda as a problem brought into the country by the U.S. invasion rather than by Saddam Hussein.Because we invaded the wrong country,we are far from dealing a blow to al-Qaeda and making the U.S. and its allies safer.This is not a knock on our military what so ever, there doing their job as directed but the path this Adminstration has led many of you "infallable conservatives" not to question the Iraq invasion has in fact substantially strengthened not only Bin Laden's network but has perked interest amomg radical muslins worldwide and increased the danger of attacks in the West. In fact al-Queda is using Iraq as a training ground to gain combat experince.(Sort of like a minor league farm system in baseball)
Al-Qaeda's recruitment and fundraising efforts had been given a major boost by the U.S. invasion of Iraq. Potential terrorists(even non-muslin) are on the rise, with recruitment accelerating on account of Iraq.We could also throw Hezbala into the mix also. So ask yourself ,are we safer now after 5 years in Iraq?Hasn't Iraq diverted our attention to the real terrorism threats outside that country.Snap out of it Iraq supporters.

I believe the best way to respond to this quite would be to quote Ronald Reagan. "It isn't that Liberals are ignorant. It's just that there is so much they know that isn't so."

We are in a War. The enemy will cut a bleeding heart Liberal's head off, or blow them up, just as quick as they will a conservatives. Snap out of it Anti-War Liberals. Wake up!

av8torntn

I was wondering if you thought any of this were true? Do you really think Al Quaida is stronger now? They may be more than a little surprised to learn this. Do you not think that Iraq is a very poor training ground for the terrorists? Every time they stand and fight they die. They are being hunted like animals. Even many local leaders no longer fear these once untouchable terrorists.
How does one become identified as a" potential "terrorist? More importantly how does one determine that this magical number is on the rise?
I know we are safer now after five years in Iraq. I also know that our military is very capable and we can walk and chew gum at the same time. I also know there are many citizens that do not think we are capable of fighting terrorists wherever they are. I do not care if you think that five percent of the people in Iraq are terrorists or if you only think there are two terrorists in Iraq as long as they are there that is where our military should be hunting them. I also do not care that some people seem to think the word terrorist or the phrase global war on terrorism is offensive to some.
I see you think the terrorists want to kill us because we have freed the country of Iraq. I really do not understand how someone could actually think this way but I know that I could not change the way you think about this. Why should I be willing to take the chance that you are wrong? There were terrorists before we invaded Iraq and when we are finished in Iraq there will likely still be terrorists. I also have seen where you think we should leave Iraq so that the federal government can provide more social programs. This would be very dangerous in my opinion. While the federal government may be doing a fair job with national security they have proven time and time again that they do a poor job providing things like health care(VA), emergency responce(FEMA), education, and many other things.

I also wonder how are we supposed to know that their fundraising has increased when the democrats do not want us to track their money.

diesel96

I believe the best way to respond to this quite would be to quote Ronald Reagan. "It isn't that Liberals are ignorant. It's just that there is so much they know that isn't so."

We are in a War. The enemy will cut a bleeding heart Liberal's head off, or blow them up, just as quick as they will a conservatives. Snap out of it Anti-War Liberals. Wake up!

What makes you ASSume that if someone is against the Iraq invasion and continued occupation,that someone is anti-war.I would gladly support a war if we attacked our real Enemies (the 9/11 terrorist al-qaeda-Taliban). They are networking in surrounding countries...The borders of Afghanistan and Pakistan,Saudi Arabia...You Bush lovers just don't get it.Your Coulter-like influence of twisting people's words and mindless sterotyping is your only defense mechanism in 5 years of lies and failed polices.

[qoute=av8torntn}
I was wondering if you thought any of this were true[B]?Yes[/B] Do you really think Al Quaida is stronger now?Yes..Read the papers,watch the news,log on to the Internet. They may be more than a little surprised to learn this. Do you not think that Iraq is a very poor training ground for the terrorists?No..never said "very poor"..you did Every time they stand and fight they die.Agree..Except they build IED's and build car bombs and strap bombs to their bodies then hide.They are being hunted like animals.Agree.. Even many local leaders no longer fear these once untouchable terrorists.There's always fear amongst the neighboring factions..
How does one become identified as a" potential "terrorist? More importantly how does one determine that this magical number is on the rise?US inteligence,Investigating reporting,world inteligence and news.
I know we are safer now after five years in Iraq.Your entiitled to your opinion,but US and World opinion says your wrong.. I also know that our military is very capable and we can walk and chew gum at the same time.Agree.. I also know there are many citizens that do not think we are capable of fighting terrorists wherever they are.We have the finest miliary in the world,critics of Iraq war are attacking Bush and his policies not the military. I do not care if you think that five percent of the people in Iraq are terrorists or if you only think there are two terrorists in Iraq as long as they are there that is where our military should be hunting them.Thats 5%AL_QAEDA...remember the 9/11 enemy Bush trying to legitimize This Iraq debacle...the rest of the terrorist are domestic Sheites,Sunis,Kurds who are no threat to the US and Europe citizen population.(except the ones being recruited by Al-Qaeda)
I see you think the terrorists want to kill us because we have freed the country of Iraq. Once again,never said that....Just like Big A,where do you make this stuff up?

av8torntn

You said the Al Quiada was using Iraq as a training ground for terrorists. I still say that is very silly. You say reporters and the news identify someone as a potential terrorist. I say that is very silly. I say we are safer now without the many terrorists on this earth that have been killed in the last five years. You say we are not because world opinion says so. I say that is even funnier. We do have the finest military in the world. When you say they cannot win a war or blah blah blah you are attacking the military. What on earth would make you think that I could not even tell if someone was Al Quiada or ****te or lol a Kurd? You guys are all the same when it comes down to it. World opion this world opion that. As have many other people on here I have been all over the world and have yet to see how any world opion is against us. If they are I do not care. You do that is great for you. The question still stands If you are wrong why should I give up my saftey and if I am wrong you really have to give up nothing. You have already said you wish our government would spend more tax money. Oh and you did say that terrorists wanted to kill us even worse since we were in Iraq. Post number 43. I just guessed that you thought you were one of the clear thinkers. Maybe you do not think that. I did not make anything up. Do you even have a clue how we are fighting car bombs and IED's? I do. Why take a chance on that coming here? You say you would support a war if it was against our enemies and in the same post you say Al Quaida is in Iraq. So is Al Quaida not our enemy or do you support the war in Iraq? Or do you only support a war and our military if it is in line with world opinion? Before you just say that I made that up you may want to look back one post at number 46.
You guys are something else.
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/070718/ap/d8qevb680.html Here is more Al Quaida in Iraq. No longer is this man going to be effective. I stand by my post if they stand and fight they die. It will just take a while for this one.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
It has been almost 6 years and we've not had a major attack on our homeland. Common sense says that by bringing the fight to them we have avoided them coming here!!:thumbup1:

I would not call this a failed policy!

Thanks for your service av8torntn!

Overpaid Union Thug

What makes you ASSume that if someone is against the Iraq invasion and continued occupation,that someone is anti-war.I would gladly support a war if we attacked our real Enemies (the 9/11 terrorist al-qaeda-Taliban). They are networking in surrounding countries...The borders of Afghanistan and Pakistan,Saudi Arabia...You Bush lovers just don't get it.Your Coulter-like influence of twisting people's words and mindless sterotyping is your only defense mechanism in 5 years of lies and failed polices.

No, you, and your tretorous Liberal buddies don't get it. We are in a war RIGHT NOW against Al-Queda, as well as others terrorist groups, and they are in Iraq RIGHT NOW! The circumstances that led up to this are NOT important. You think Al-Queda wasn't in Iraq before 911 but were only in the surrounding countries? WAKE UP! They are there NOW and we are fighting them NOW! Get it? Your party's "defense mechanism" is ignoring the good and the just that is happening in Iraq and concentrating on the negative to back up 5 years of whinning and whimpering about a war because your party is doesn't have the back bone required to defend this country.

govols019

You smell that?
Can someone explain to me how 6 years after 9/11 that Osama is still breathing? I find that sickening.

Oh wait, we captured a tinpot dictator and overthrew a piss ant third world country. It's all good.

Overpaid Union Thug

Can someone explain to me how 6 years after 9/11 that Osama is still breathing? I find that sickening.

Oh wait, we captured a tinpot dictator and overthrew a piss ant third world country. It's all good.

If a tinpot dictator uses chemical weapons on his own people and the Iranians and advocates the murder and torture of Kuwaitie nationals then I'd hate to see what a hard core dictator does. Not to mention his ties, no matter how large or little the degree in which he supported them, with Al-Queda.

govols019

You smell that?
This is hard core: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pol_Pot

I agree that Saddam wasn't what you would call a model citizen but what happened in his country had no bearing on us.

The Sept. 11 commission reported that it had found no "collaborative relationship" between Iraq and al Qaeda.

You still didn't explain why Osama is still breathing air.

av8torntn

I thought they said there were no operational ties even though they had a collaborative relationship. And if you haven't posted it on here already I was just curious why you think Osama is still breathing air. I have my reasons I was just wondering if they were the same. Somehow I doubt they will be but you never know unless you ask.

Overpaid Union Thug

The Sept. 11 commission reported that it had found no "collaborative relationship" between Iraq and al Qaeda.

Sept. 11 commission? LOL! GOOD ONE! LOL! You still don't get it do you? <---Stupid question on my part. Al-Qaida is there NOW! Do you understand? I have typed it in plain bold English. Al-Qaida is in Iraq NOW! Pleas pay special attention to the word "NOW." OH by the way...there are those that believe Al-Qaida was in Iraq before we invaded. Even captured Al-Qaida operatives have said so.

You still didn't explain why Osama is still breathing air.

How do you know Osama is still breathing? Regardless of whether he is or not I think it's safe to say that it's a good thing that we took out something like 80% of his infrastructure. What's more important? Taking out one sickly old man or the thousands of fighters that fight for him? Sure...it would be nice, from a moral standpoint, to kill that bastard but I'll take what's happened so far any day.