RIcK Santorum, the rise of ...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

TOS, while I do understand your point I can also understand moreluck's points. Santorum is not a doctor but does have the means to ensure that those who can provide for his daughter's care are in place to do so. In short, other than providing emotional support, what else could he do by being there 24/7? He is instead spending his time advocating for her in the political arena which is where his expertise lies.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
When it comes to a child, there is no replacement for time spent. Those hours, days, months away can never be replaced. At the end of the day, his childs life expectancy is short, and while he's out on the campaign trail without a chance of winning, his daughter sits in the care of someone else while he and his wife parade around the country.

Looking back, I am sure he will regret not spending all the time he had available with her in exchange for publicity and an ego trip. I would never put my daughter second to anything. Would you?

Peace.

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Santorum and Paul should drop out and let the MAJORITY of votes nominate Newt Gingrich as the GOP representative. 52% of the GOP is still against MITT and if Santorum and Paul would stop taking away votes from NEWT, he would win every stop the rest of the way!

Unfortunately, Santorum and Paul are on the EGO TRAIN and wont let it go.

Peace.

TOS

klein

Für Meno :)
Yup, he even admitted on Piers Morgan, that if 1 of his daughters unluckliy get raped, and discover they are pregnant.
He would call it a Bless of God.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yup, he even admitted on Piers Morgan, that if 1 of his daughters unluckliy get raped, and discover they are pregnant.
He would call it a Bless of God.

Well, he had a little more to say than that......................

PIERS MORGAN: Do you really believe, in every case, it should be totally wrong, in the sense that -- I know that you believe, even in cases of rape and incest -- and you've got two daughters. You know, if you have a daughter that came to you who had been raped.

RICK SANTORUM: Yes.

MORGAN: And was pregnant and was begging you to let her have an abortion, would you really be able to look her in the eye and say, no, as her father?

SANTORUM: I would do what every father must do, is to try to counsel your daughter to do the right thing. It’s a –

MORGAN: It's an almost impossibly hypothetical thing to ask you, but there will be people in that position --

SANTORUM: Yeah –

MORGAN: – and they will share your religious values.

SANTORUM: It's not a matter of religious values.

MORGAN: And they are looking at their daughter ,saying, how can I deal with this, because if I make her have this baby, isn't it going to just ruin her life?

SANTORUM: Well, you can make the argument that if she doesn't have this baby, if she kills her child, that that, too, could ruin her life. And this is not an easy choice. I understand that. As horrible as the way that that son or daughter and son was created, it still is her child. And whether she has that child or doesn't, it will always be her child. And she will always know that. And so to embrace her and to love her and to support her and get her through this very difficult time, I've always, you know, I believe and I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created -- in the sense of rape -- but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you.

As you know, we have to, in lots of different aspects of our life. We have horrible things happen. I can't think of anything more horrible. But, nevertheless, we have to make the best out of a bad situation.

Read more: Piers Morgan Pushes Santorum If He'd Oppose Abortion If His Raped Daughter Was 'Begging You' For It | NewsBusters.org

moreluck

golden ticket member
Santorum was on a program trying to re-answer and make explanations for answers given by him in the debate...............too late. Just move on and take your lumps. He's such a baby!!

wkmac

[video=youtube;y-WezrKqUBQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-WezrKqUBQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

This has been obvious for decades but credit to Santorum for being honest to openly admit it. Then again, he'll benefit from doing so and he knows it.

av8torntn

This has been obvious for decades but credit to Santorum for being honest to openly admit it. Then again, he'll benefit from doing so and he knows it.

What's the benefit? I know his record shows him to be a big government guy but most politicians try to not box themselves in like that.

wkmac

What's the benefit? I know his record shows him to be a big government guy but most politicians try to not box themselves in like that.

Party leadership. He actually said these words back in 2008' and since then he's gone on to launch more attacks against what he calls libertarianism within the party. He can't win and the math clearly shows this so he's posturing for a say or a place at the table down the road.

Again, this is no surprise of the party being against limited gov't principles much less anything remotely libertarian as they always have been against them. Again, he's playing to the party leadership who feel the exact same way. As I said, I admire him for his honesty although I consider him a christian tyrant of the worse sort but if I were the democrats, I'd pray this clown gets the nomination. Obama would cakewalk to his 2nd term regardless how friend'ed up things got from here to November.

av8torntn

Party leadership. He actually said these words back in 2008' and since then he's gone on to launch more attacks against what he calls libertarianism within the party. He can't win and the math clearly shows this so he's posturing for a say or a place at the table down the road.

Again, this is no surprise of the party being against limited gov't principles much less anything remotely libertarian as they always have been against them. Again, he's playing to the party leadership who feel the exact same way. As I said, I admire him for his honesty although I consider him a christian tyrant of the worse sort but if I were the democrats, I'd pray this clown gets the nomination. Obama would cakewalk to his 2nd term regardless how friend'ed up things got from here to November.

I agree that he is probably staying in the race to be the party favorite next go around and there isn't any likely way that he can win this time.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]Brown: Secret Service For Santorum The First Time He’s “Used Protection”[/h]BOSTON (CBS) – Sen. Scott Brown poked fun at Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum at the annual St. Patrick’s Day breakfast Sunday in South Boston.
“I see that both Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum now have Secret Service with them on the campaign trail,” Brown said. “And in Santorum’s case, I think it’s the first time he’s actually ever used protection.”
Brown, of course, was referring to Santorum’s stance on birth control.
“You all know that Newt Gingrich wants to build a colony on the moon. Forget the moon – I think he should build it whatever planet Ron Paul’s from,” said Brown.

wkmac

Brown: Secret Service For Santorum The First Time He’s “Used Protection”

BOSTON (CBS) – Sen. Scott Brown poked fun at Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum at the annual St. Patrick’s Day breakfast Sunday in South Boston.
“I see that both Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum now have Secret Service with them on the campaign trail,” Brown said. “And in Santorum’s case, I think it’s the first time he’s actually ever used protection.”
Brown, of course, was referring to Santorum’s stance on birth control.
“You all know that Newt Gingrich wants to build a colony on the moon. Forget the moon – I think he should build it whatever planet Ron Paul’s from,” said Brown.

So, the Kennedy puppet boy speaks!

wkmac

Come now. Those were pretty funny. Not sure how his delivery was, but the jokes were pretty good.

I got no problem with that, been better if said by a real comedian, Jon Stewart would have been great but Brown's still a Kennedy puppet boy.

Seems now Ricky boy "may" have given us some more humor.
(I leave some room (not very much) for a photoshop job)

486281_391911977505505_100000601185803_1424273_1869653951_n.jpg

Taking some of the other moronic nonsense I've heard coming from the lips of politicians, I'll consider it true until the evidence shows otherwise. These people aren't very bright thus consider the mess we are in!

:laughing:
486281_391911977505505_100000601185803_1424273_1869653951_n.jpg