RIcK Santorum, the rise of ...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
meanwhile "freedom" to the avg D or R is the most offensive friend word ;)

"Freedom" is a loaded word when you hear it from a Republican or Libertarian. Their concept of freedom has little to do with being free and has more to do with letting Big Business do whatever it wants and freedom from taxation. It also means being "free" to be ignorant about the way the world really works.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There are way too many definitions for freedom. "Unencumbered by obligations"? Hardly anyone is that free if they are supporting a family and paying bills.

"Not being under another's control"? Most of us have bosses.

"Power to do, say or think as one pleases"? Pretty much. You still can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater.

"The right to enjoy all privileges accompanying citizenship"? If you truly are a citizen you have this freedom.

"Ease of movement?" With bras and Spanx....I don't think so.

Freedom from pain would be a Godsend to some. Free to go to the market, no questions asked.

Freedom covers so many, many things and includes people who want to run a business. Don't pigeonhole certain people and say what freedom might mean for them. You don't know and only individuals can tell you what freedom is for them.

There are way too many definitions for freedom. "Unencumbered by obligations"? Hardly anyone is that free if they are supporting a family and paying bills.

"Not being under another's control"? Most of us have bosses.

"Power to do, say or think as one pleases"? Pretty much. You still can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater.

"The right to enjoy all privileges accompanying citizenship"? If you truly are a citizen you have this freedom.

"Ease of movement?" With bras and Spanx....I don't think so.

Freedom from pain would be a Godsend to some. Free to go to the market, no questions asked.

Freedom covers so many, many things and includes people who want to run a business. Don't pigeonhole certain people and say what freedom might mean for them. You don't know and only individuals can tell you what freedom is for them.
Well said Moreluck.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
"Freedom" is a loaded word when you hear it from a Republican or Libertarian. Their concept of freedom has little to do with being free and has more to do with letting Big Business do whatever it wants and freedom from taxation. It also means being "free" to be ignorant about the way the world really works.
I would personally start by freeing your mind, that's all I can suggest. Every mainstream political party agenda, or politician, is money and power, and not freedom. Even Ron Paul. To insinuate that the Democrats promote freedom, either social or economic, more than Republicans or Libertarians seems more ignorant than anything.

I will agree, many of todays mainstream Republicans, Libertarians, do use "freedom" as an loaded word. Then again we can hear Obama stress freedom too, while the sentiment of the U.S. continues to develop into some type of neo-fascist, warmongering police state.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
January 24, 2012 @ 10:18 am | [h=2]Marxist Actor Sean Penn: Rick Santorum Is “A Fanatic”…[/h]
sean-penn_hugo-chavez-thumb.jpg

Speaking of fanatics, here’s Sean Penn making a jackass out of himself for the thousandth time.
Via Politico:
If Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum ends up in the White House, Sean Penn won’t be happy about it.

“I don’t want to see Rick Santorum be president because I would like to see people in trouble in this country getting out of it,” the actor and liberal activist said during an interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan that aired Monday night. “I don’t want to see a narrow-minded leadership encourage a narrow-minded Congress."

Penn went on to call Santorum “a fanatic,” but gave the former Pennsylvania senator credit for his consistency. “If Rick Santorum said to me, ‘here’s what I’m going to do,’ I’d be much more likely to believe him than many others,” Penn said, adding: “It’s the reason I wouldn’t support him.”

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Santorum WHO? Who is listening to a radical right wing religious zealot like Santorum? Oh yeah, 18% of the right wing.

Chicken Feed.

Peace.

TOS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Santorum may not have much of a chance but he definitely earned my respect for having his priorities in order when he took time off from the campaign to be with his ill daughter. To me that spoke volumes about him as a father and as a person. Agree or disagree with his political beliefs, you have got to give him "props" for that.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I would only disagree from this premise only. First, he did in fact take "time off" to go home and watch his daughter. Kudos.

BUT, with a child whos life expectancy is short, and mostly ill and needs the attention of both parents, shouldnt Rick Santorum put HER needs first instead of himself? He has made a choice to go on the road and campaign for himself while his daughter, whos illness will cut her life short, needs his utmost attention.

Shouldnt he spend every waking moment with his little girl, rather than "taking time off" to give her a few moments of his time while he concentrates on his own life?

Taking time off to spend a weekend with his ill daughter is peanuts, compared to being with her everyday when she needs his attention the most. Sick children should always be a priority before an ego trip.

Peace.

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
He is also campaigning FOR his daughter and the things that may help her or others in the future like her.

If he was elected OR just in his running, his message and focus can be as an advocate for kids like her and Palin's kid.

It's pathetic of you to question his priorities!