Is this worth to be worrying my job over?

Madgreek

The stick has probably been hit dozens of times before. And if you said nothing it's likely that nobody would even notice. Point is. It's so minor I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Is it at the end of someone's driveway? Or an alleyway?
It's just off the side of the road. There are a million of these where I deliver at. It's basically boonieville

nWo

I mean you could replace that at home Depot for $7.50. I doubt management will come down too hard on you.

badpal

Its PEAK, you will have to do better than that to get some time off. Accident investigations go a whole faster in December.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My old Center would just cover something that minor up. They didn't want their safety record tarnished in any way. I broke a side mirror on a tree one time and my Center Manager drove out and bolted a new one on my car himself. If a report was made to Liberty Mutual, the Center would be charged $1500. Don't worry about this, you are fine since you reported it.

HavenoEDD

Depends on your management. We have a guy who’s been with us a year and already has the nickname “crash”. Had to watch a training slideshow on the sups computer and was good to go.

Madgreek

My old Center would just cover something that minor up. They didn't want their safety record tarnished in any way. I broke a side mirror on a tree one time and my Center Manager drove out and bolted a new one on my car himself. If a report was made to Liberty Mutual, the Center would be charged $1500. Don't worry about this, you are fine since you reported it.
Personally I want to keep going with my years of safe driving lol

Madgreek

Depends on your management. We have a guy who’s been with us a year and already has the nickname “crash”. Had to watch a training slideshow on the sups computer and was good to go.
I've heard this story so many times here at least with the name calling of a guy named crash. Starting to think crash is a usual name in every hub

Nah
I've seen drivers charged with an accident for hitting sticks, branches, birds, a small rock that wore some tread on a tire when the guy was trying to get unstuck and just about anything else. I don't know how it is now but they used to enjoy charging people with any accident.
They do everything they can to sweep it under the rug now. If no one reports any damage it will be like it never happened.