Is this worth to be worrying my job over?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We had a driver who bent a limb on a bush that was hanging in the street. Guy called in and claimed his bush was going to die. center manager told the driver that if the guy's bush died, he would be charged. The guy never called back.

542thruNthru

We had a driver who bent a limb on a bush that was hanging in the street. Guy called in and claimed his bush was going to die. center manager told the driver that if the guy's bush died, he would be charged. The guy never called back.
Lol, it's those weak ass threats that always make me laugh. Of course I never would have said it to my manager but I'd have thought "yeah good luck with that once it's been 10 days."

DOK

So my supervisor is new and said that the "county could come after us" if he wants to ding me an accident should I fight it?
First of all you shouldn’t have called that in, you and ups pay county taxes to cover these things. Don’t worry about it.

DOK

I've seen drivers charged with an accident for hitting sticks, branches, birds, a small rock that wore some tread on a tire when the guy was trying to get unstuck and just about anything else. I don't know how it is now but they used to enjoy charging people with any accident.
I was around for those days and remember them well but it has changed now, the center team tries all they can to defuse the situation anymore.
I was charged in the 90’s for tapping another truck while maneuvering a truck in the building, now guys rip bumpers off with the tail swing when pulling out and it’s not an accident.

542thruNthru

First of all you shouldn’t have called that in, you and ups pay county taxes to cover these things. Don’t worry about it.
This is terrible advice!

Whether it's covered by taxes or not he still hit something and may have done damage to the package car as well.

Always....ALWAYS, inform management of any accident no matter how small!

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Lmfao a wash is only during your 30 days. How illiterate are you?
He's giving you advise and telling you they will probably sweep it under the rug and you are being a tool. Just handle it yourself and let us know how everything turns out. Slow down and don't hit crap and you wouldn't be in the position you are in. We all know you will keep driving like a bat outta hell so Mr boss man won't spank you.