Is ups worth working for anymore?

Seeing all of these complaints about the new contract everyone's pessimistic about the union and ups. I work at walmart and they're not that bad really but I'm just wondering if pay went up for package handlers yet? Benefits still good? Is their ANYTHING good happening?? Appreciate it guys

I just moved two months ago but in my old town ups paid 11.50, the one that's 40 miles from me was 10.35 (1 month ago anyway) and the one 5 minutes away is now hiring so can't wait to see what they offer lol. Gotta be more than $11 that's for sure

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Seeing all of these complaints about the new contract everyone's pessimistic about the union and ups. I work at walmart and they're not that bad really but I'm just wondering if pay went up for package handlers yet? Benefits still good? Is their ANYTHING good happening?? Appreciate it guys

I just moved two months ago but in my old town ups paid 11.50, the one that's 40 miles from me was 10.35 (1 month ago anyway) and the one 5 minutes away is now hiring so can't wait to see what they offer lol. Gotta be more than $11 that's for sure

In all honesty it really depends on your circumstances. I will say that whether or not UPS is a good career choice, the answer to that depends almost solely on luck. If everything lines up just right for you UPS could be a good career choice. But are you willing to wait four to ten years to see if it will pan out? I would not have started at UPS if circumstances were then what they are now, but my goals and needs are probably different than yours.

km3

Under the new contract package handlers would start at $13.00. Benefits after 9 months instead of a year. And possibly more full time opportunities with 22.4s coming in. That's all the important stuff.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

You work at Walmart, but posted a thread about starting wages in the union section of a website for delivery drivers?

Ok!

You work at Walmart, but posted a thread about starting wages in the union section of a website for delivery drivers?

Ok!
FHzemFzwkyRfq.gif
Rlz2yINKRwP5K.gif

Under the new contract package handlers would start at $13.00. Benefits after 9 months instead of a year. And possibly more full time opportunities with 22.4s coming in. That's all the important stuff.

Well that's better for sure just trying to decide if if it's worth going to 25 hours a week instead of my 30-40 (for now anyway). Miss having weekly paychecks. Do package handlers ever go full time? Should I try and be a driver or get into an office?

Poop Head

Judge me.
Well that's better for sure just trying to decide if if it's worth going to 25 hours a week instead of my 30-40 (for now anyway). Miss having weekly paychecks. Do package handlers ever go full time? Should I try and be a driver or get into an office?
Put on your application, position applied for: CEO.
Then in the qualifications section, just write: I got the goods.

Days

Have to imagine what our contract will look like 5 or maybe 10 years from now. Probably 4 year progression paths like this 15$, 16$, 17$, top rate. (It almost is like this) No rights for 22.4 drivers still and they'll be paid 10$ less than RPCD's.

I imagine for new hires right now depending where you're hired, it'll be a LONG time before you ever become a RPCD. The 22.4's will bid for RPCD positions and you'll be forced into the 22.4 role

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I imagine for new hires right now depending where you're hired, it'll be a LONG time before you ever become a RPCD. The 22.4's will bid for RPCD positions and you'll be forced into the 22.4 role

Mark my words right here, right now! RPCD's will become a thing of the past within the next 15 years. As the current RPCD's retire, quit and get fired those "jobs" will be replaced by 22.4's. All it takes is for the company to go to the union and ask for a bigger and bigger % and we have all witnessed with our own eyes how big of a whore the union is for the company!

Days

Mark my words right here, right now! RPCD's will become a thing of the past within the next 15 years. As the current RPCD's retire, quit and get fired those "jobs" will be replaced by 22.4's. All it takes is for the company to go to the union and ask for a bigger and bigger % and we have all witnessed with our own eyes how big of a whore the union is for the company!

Can't disagree with that. We've also seen how they can force through any contract they want

Mooseknuckle

Already happening in my building. Had a guy retire and they won't hire another to replace until this gets settled.