Is your first love ever really over?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My son from my first love turns 40 on November 2nd. Out of the blue, his great Uncle who married us, posted on my sons facebook. Happy Birthday great nephew. I married your Mom and Dad 40 yrs ago......I wrote back and told him what a nice ceremony it was, that we were just young and knew it all. I thought my son knew that, he didnt.
Anyway, my first love turns 60 on the day after my son turns 40. He was begging me to hold out for 3 more hours so they would have the same birthday. After 12 hrs in labor with my baby boy, I wanted to choke him, but back then men were not allowed in the labor room, only sporadically. So he lived.
They are having a get together to celebrate. I am invited but cant make the trip, so I will say Happy Birthday to both via the phone.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
We have been FB messaging back and forth for the last few weeks. Yesterday, we had a long telephone conversation where I told her that I have never gotten over her. She cautiously inferred the same about me. My heart is telling me to move forward with starting a relationship with her, but my conscience tells me to get it out of my head and don't let my wife find out.
The biggest problem is that I have been telling myself that I would give up everything for her if I ever had the opportunity. That is meant figuratively, but the point is that I have remained in love with this woman for 30 something years and I sense that I could be happy with her forever. I am not happy now and haven't been for a long time.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
She wants to take it slow, but she hasn't gotten over me either.
We've talked about a life together and i feel certain it will happen because it was always meant to be.
I love this woman so deeply and have for so long. She hasn't said it yet, but she loves me too.
We talk twice a week and text every day.