Isn't on area observation over supervising?

barnyard

KTM rider
According to the contract in effect, employees cannot be disciplined because of electronic monitoring, have to be witnessed by a real person. I would suggest that if you are seeing supes doing an on area, that you need to clean up your act, they are looking to confirm something a report is telling them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Another way that you can tell that you are being watched is if your GPS starts to do the "jackpot sound" even though you know for sure that you are at the right address. They are most likely watching you through ODS-E.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
According to the contract in effect, employees cannot be disciplined because of electronic monitoring, have to be witnessed by a real person. I would suggest that if you are seeing supes doing an on area, that you need to clean up your act, they are looking to confirm something a report is telling them.

THE CONTRACT DOES NOT SAY THIS ANYWHERE IN IT. THIS IS NOT GOOD ADVICE. What the contract says in article 37 is that an employee cannot be disciplined for "excessive personal" time from information obtained through DIAD.

This does not EXCLUDE all things.

If you travel off area 25 miles, they can DISCHARGE you immediately from telematics. Article 6 trumps article 37 when it comes to "technological devices" and discipline and in this new contract, the Teamsters have made it even EASIER to discharge an employee with "electronic devices".

DONT EVER believe you cannot be terminated by DIAD or IVIS.

TOS

What's your ETA

The contract addresses on car rides and how they're to be carried out. On area observations can be abused in the same manner. With 2 supervisors in the car, it's always 2 against one.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I would suggest that if you are seeing supes doing an on area, that you need to clean up your act, they are looking to confirm something a report is telling them.

Yep.

Usually.... looking at big gaps in time. (not to mention.... running their mouth)

People, are a creature of habit....

Food for thought.

Your avatar, has always cracked me up.

THE CONTRACT DOES NOT SAY THIS ANYWHERE IN IT. THIS IS NOT GOOD ADVICE. What the contract says in article 37 is that an employee cannot be disciplined for "excessive personal" time from information obtained through DIAD.

This does not EXCLUDE all things.

If you travel off area 25 miles, they can DISCHARGE you immediately from telematics. Article 6 trumps article 37 when it comes to "technological devices" and discipline and in this new contract, the Teamsters have made it even EASIER to discharge an employee with "electronic devices".

DONT EVER believe you cannot be terminated by DIAD or IVIS.

TOS

TOS, makes some valid points.

An issue (like this).... would be sheeting NDA residential as DR.... When you aren't at the stop.

What usually happens, is the company knows it.... then confronts the driver, to explain.

You are better off.... just doing the job.

-Bug-

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Whatever you are driving, if you drive like there is a Supervisor in the seat at all times you really don't have anything to worry about.
They once had a Division manager & a Center manager follow me around for a week back in my rebel package days. They must have been pretty bored watching me do it by the methods all day long as nothing ever came of it. (Both are no longer with the company, center manager was walked out the DM demoted to Center manager and quit in a month)
I personally welcome the microscope as it doesn't bother me and takes the heat off someone who might have issues.
If you can recite & perform your methods backwards and forwards like a Sup fresh out of management school you have already beaten them.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Whatever you are driving, if you drive like there is a Supervisor in the seat at all times you really don't have anything to worry about.
They once had a Division manager & a Center manager follow me around for a week back in my rebel package days. They must have been pretty bored watching me do it by the methods all day long as nothing ever came of it. (Both are no longer with the company, center manager was walked out the DM demoted to Center manager and quit in a month)
I personally welcome the microscope as it doesn't bother me and takes the heat off someone who might have issues.
If you can recite & perform your methods backwards and forwards like a Sup fresh out of management school you have already beaten them.

I want to be like 104 when I grow up.

Ouch

Do like I did and call the police and tell them you think someone is following you and stealing packages. That will pretty much put an end to the following. Hey you are being aware of your surroundings. You don't want to dr packages someone is stealing lol lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do like I did and call the police and tell them you think someone is following you and stealing packages. That will pretty much put an end to the following. Hey you are being aware of your surroundings. You don't want to dr packages someone is stealing lol lol.

Don't you think the police have better things to do than have you waste their time?