It Feels So Wrong It Has to Be Right

F

Frankie's Friend

Just finished writing the grievances for the past 5 working days. $750 for 19 grievances. My full-time supervisor wrote me up for three things two days ago, which were patently ridiculous things (long story shortened for each of them). One for insubordination for not immediately going to load an area while I was helping out another belt with sorting smalls in the pick station, and one for jogging to my pick station after break ended (really issued under the directive of the center manager of the center where I work). The last one is the most ridiculous...

I got written up for leaving my pick station to take a piss because my part-time supervisor wouldn't find someone to relieve me after I asked him twice to do so. So I said I'll turn the belt off and go to the restroom if he didn't get someone to cover me. He still didn't listen, so I did what I said I would. I was gone for literally about 3 minutes and my full-time supervisor was picking when I got back. He angrily asked if I had abandoned my work area. I said that I had not, I had asked to be relieved twice and was not given someone to replace me, so I said I would turn the belt off and leave if I was not relieved and had to do just that. He said that I was not to leave my area without permission to do so. I said it wasn't kindergarten and I didn't need permission to use the bathroom. And he said he would write me up for it.

And he did two days ago, along with all the other discipline I referenced above. So I'm going to go in to work tomorrow, show him the grievances, tell him how much they're worth, and tell him "Look at how much you intimidate me."
Next time pee down your pants leg. Or his.

Superteeth2478

Add an article 37 grievance too. You cannot be harassed for or coerced against using the restroom.
I filed an OSHA complaint but didn't think to file an Article 37 grievance on top of that (which is weird because I usually have all my bases covered). Good idea, I'll do that. This paper he's putting on me will be met tit-for-tat because anyone on the outside looking in can tell this is harassment.

Superteeth2478

Next time pee down your pants leg. Or his.
I've quite literally said something similar to a full-time supervisor from way back when told me that I was using the restroom too frequently and attempted to restrict my access to the restroom. I asked him if he wanted to follow me up to the bathroom to ensure that I was urinating. And then I asked him if he wanted me to piss on his shoes instead of leaving my work area to urinate. He left me alone after that.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

I've quite literally said something similar to a full-time supervisor from way back when told me that I was using the restroom too frequently and attempted to restrict my access to the restroom. I asked him if he wanted to follow me up to the bathroom to ensure that I was urinating. He left me alone after that.
He told you the flow was the most important issue?

F

Frankie's Friend

Yeah, and since I'm bladder-shy the flow would have been slow if he came up with me!
One of my friends in a hub told me that the supervision wouldnt let an hourly take bathroom break so the guy soaked his pants!

The ultimate (biohaz) leaker.

Oh, safety committee where art thou?

Last edited by a moderator:

Superteeth2478

One of my friends in a hub told me that the supervision wouldnt left a hourly take bathroom break so the guy soaked his pants!

The ultimate (biohaz) leaker.

Oh, safety committee where art thou?
Don't know if it's true, but I've heard a guy was told not to use the bathroom by his supervisor so he pissed his pants and sued for emotional distress and won. I was thinking about it...not seriously, though!

F

Frankie's Friend

Don't know if it's true, but I've heard a guy was told not to use the bathroom by his supervisor so he pissed his pants and sued for emotional distress and won. I was thinking about it...not seriously, though!
Workers comp for stressful job environment.

F

Frankie's Friend

Hate for that to leak out to the rest of the membership.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
So I just finished writing 19 supervisors working grievances that I accumulated records for over the past 5 days. 5 days, 19 supervisors working. 25.67 hours worth of supervisors working. At double my pay rate, that's $1,000. Took me all of an hour to file those grievances. Thus making my effective pay rate $1,000 an hour.

That's more than I make in 2.5 weeks of working part-time. And they're literally laying off a good 10-15 people MINIMUM every single day. The violations are so blatant now that they send home most of the hourlies on the metro I, the steward known to be the king of supervisors working grievances, work on, and the supervisors continue to work right in front of me.

The old preload manager thought I was "raping" the company with grievances back before it all went straight down the :censored2:ter like it's going now...I wonder what he would think if he saw how bad I was "raping" the company now?
Have fun never making it to full time, also please never represent anyone at panel because they will lose

F

Frankie's Friend

The message.... is still relevant.

Is it all about colour?
Except that they conveniently left Rwanda massacres out of their clips with white leaders, armys marching, and then depicting mind control with the child doing the Roman Catholic cross at the end was garbage.
I guess a paint by number fender strat (badly tuned sharp), Marshall equipment, and a Pro mike set makes your message about following "cult" leadership different than the leadership they portray on stage. Hmmm.
Banged his head on the stage one time too many.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I used to have a part time supervisor that would tell me the hours he had done union work so I could grieve it. The part time sups don't want to be moving packages around.

I had the same experience in package car about 15 years ago. After she got done delivering the stragglers left in the building, she would come track me down on my route and tell me how long she worked.

I should’ve bought her a gift with my grievance winnings.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I had the same experience in package car about 15 years ago. After she got done delivering the stragglers left in the building, she would come track me down on my route and tell me how long she worked.

I should’ve bought her a gift with my grievance winnings.
You probably should have,, 15 years ago things were a lot different.. you would be laughed at now.. I would think you would know that if you’re currently employed by UPS