It Feels So Wrong It Has to Be Right

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
So I just finished writing 19 supervisors working grievances that I accumulated records for over the past 5 days. 5 days, 19 supervisors working. 25.67 hours worth of supervisors working. At double my pay rate, that's $1,000. Took me all of an hour to file those grievances. Thus making my effective pay rate $1,000 an hour.

That's more than I make in 2.5 weeks of working part-time. And they're literally laying off a good 10-15 people MINIMUM every single day. The violations are so blatant now that they send home most of the hourlies on the metro I, the steward known to be the king of supervisors working grievances, work on, and the supervisors continue to work right in front of me.

The old preload manager thought I was "raping" the company with grievances back before it all went straight down the :censored2:ter like it's going now...I wonder what he would think if he saw how bad I was "raping" the company now?
did you get paid for these or ones in the past? ( never mind. read your other post...good for you )

it's called standing up for yourself and brothers and sisters.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Just finished writing the grievances for the past 5 working days. $750 for 19 grievances. My full-time supervisor wrote me up for three things two days ago, which were patently ridiculous things (long story shortened for each of them). One for insubordination for not immediately going to load an area while I was helping out another belt with sorting smalls in the pick station, and one for jogging to my pick station after break ended (really issued under the directive of the center manager of the center where I work). The last one is the most ridiculous...

I got written up for leaving my pick station to take a piss because my part-time supervisor wouldn't find someone to relieve me after I asked him twice to do so. So I said I'll turn the belt off and go to the restroom if he didn't get someone to cover me. He still didn't listen, so I did what I said I would. I was gone for literally about 3 minutes and my full-time supervisor was picking when I got back. He angrily asked if I had abandoned my work area. I said that I had not, I had asked to be relieved twice and was not given someone to replace me, so I said I would turn the belt off and leave if I was not relieved and had to do just that. He said that I was not to leave my area without permission to do so. I said it wasn't kindergarten and I didn't need permission to use the bathroom. And he said he would write me up for it.

And he did two days ago, along with all the other discipline I referenced above. So I'm going to go in to work tomorrow, show him the grievances, tell him how much they're worth, and tell him "Look at how much you intimidate me."
you have big cajones to do this. I assume you know you will have a big target on your back for the rest of your career.

i filed 17 grievances over the course of 6 months on the dispatch manager in feeder. won about only 8-9. everyone was afraid of him. he asked me to his office one day and offered to start a new feeder run of my choice for me. Yes. it was a bribe to lay off the grievances against him.

i told him he could post the job just like any other job and it would go to the highest seniority driver who signed the bid sheet.

I did not know how he thought he could get away with giving me a kush job. just his mentality . he lasted about 18 months before the center manager put him back in the building where the :censored2:er belonged.

that was a sweet victory.

F

Frankie's Friend

Your a big bad ass filing on sups working... Company doesn’t care and endorses said activity. Next your proud to take multiple bathroom breaks.... You sound like the typical crap part timer... Make your bed
Who are you talking to Jethro?

Superteeth2478

Your a big bad ass filing on sups working... Company doesn’t care and endorses said activity. Next your proud to take multiple bathroom breaks.... You sound like the typical crap part timer... Make your bed
Wow, you sure are a bad-ass yourself making baseless accusations about me and my bathroom habits...and I don't want nor do I need to go full-time.

And the company WANTS me to file on supervisors working? Sure bub.

You should put your letter in. It'd be a more fitting position for you. And I'll be posting on here after they fail AGAIN at their lame attempts to terminate me (HINT: THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME THEY'VE TRIED AND FAILED).

Superteeth2478

you have big cajones to do this. I assume you know you will have a big target on your back for the rest of your career.

i filed 17 grievances over the course of 6 months on the dispatch manager in feeder. won about only 8-9. everyone was afraid of him. he asked me to his office one day and offered to start a new feeder run of my choice for me. Yes. it was a bribe to lay off the grievances against him.

i told him he could post the job just like any other job and it would go to the highest seniority driver who signed the bid sheet.

I did not know how he thought he could get away with giving me a kush job. just his mentality . he lasted about 18 months before the center manager put him back in the building where the :censored2:er belonged.

that was a sweet victory.
The best part about me is that my reputation precedes me and management KNOWS that they can't possibly bribe me with anything so they don't even try. If they ever attempted it I would be quite thoroughly insulted and would probably flip :censored2:. But luckily they haven't tried to bribe me. And I'm 100% certain they never will.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Wow, you sure are a bad-ass yourself making baseless accusations about me and my bathroom habits...and I don't want nor do I need to go full-time.

And the company WANTS me to file on supervisors working? Sure bub.

You should put your letter in. It'd be a more fitting position for you. And I'll be posting on here after they fail AGAIN at their lame attempts to terminate me (HINT: THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME THEY'VE TRIED AND FAILED).
don't be too arrogant.

when they really want to terminate someone they will. no matter what it takes.

at our hub we have seen what looked like untouchable employees get fired. always cya and don't trust anyone.

what a way to live, ain't it?

Superteeth2478

don't be too arrogant.

when they really want to terminate someone they will. no matter what it takes.

at our hub we have seen what looked like untouchable employees get fired. always cya and don't trust anyone.

what a way to live, ain't it?
You're right about the arrogance part, and I'm working on it. I think they'll be more motivated than ever to get rid of me now. Before it was just tons of supervisors working grievances from me. Now it's tons of supervisors working grievances from me and a whole lot coming from many other people who had never filed before, on top of this ridiculous numbers crunch. So I'm definitely going to be more careful from here on out. I've already begun holding my tongue a lot more than I used to.