It's going to be epic

Dumbo

Peak Season 2020:

1) Likely a new stimulus check around November

2) In store Black Friday sales are no longer. Instead retailers will do all black friday sales online and spread them out.

3) normal flu season starts along with COVID season where people are indoors more. People freak out at any case of the flu or sickness and they start shutdowns again.

4) almost all in store shopping is stopped and everything, absolutely everything is ordered online by everyone.

Bring on the $$ just in for my next progression. 70 hour works weeks. 10 hours a week at double time.

Glass half full

BuriedInCardboard

I think peak will be much easier then you think. Unless your in some shanty center you’ve been experiencing near peak volume for the last few months. Come peak we’ll have helpers and PVDs and an army of seasonals.

Nah
Peak Season 2020:

1) Likely a new stimulus check around November

2) In store Black Friday sales are no longer. Instead retailers will do all black friday sales online and spread them out.

3) normal flu season starts along with COVID season where people are indoors more. People freak out at any case of the flu or sickness and they start shutdowns again.

4) almost all in store shopping is stopped and everything, absolutely everything is ordered online by everyone.

Bring on the $$ just in for my next progression. 70 hour works weeks. 10 hours a week at double time.

Glass half full

Many buildings are having issues finding enough package cars as well.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have several rentals on property now, as does the FEg building. We have 1 hog barn on our building and all those slots are filled. I have no idea where they will put the volume for 12ish more routes in my building.

Scuderia

Meh one stop at a time even if it takes you 10 mins to look for the box at every stop. PCs will go out with 400 stops crammed in to the limit. Do what it’s front, even if you have to drive miles in between stops. 6 stops an hour. Roll 300 over, watch management burn. Not your problem. Collect your money. Rinse and repeat.

542thruNthru

Personally I'm hoping it's a absolute epic disaster. Company has had a whole year to prepare for it. Staffing should have been a big focus and it wasn't.

The company is determined to do more with less just to keep profits soaring. I know of many driver's that plan on being on disability, FMLA or stress leave during peak because they refuse to be worked to death because of the companies refusal to do the right thing. To be honest I'm seriously thinking of being one of those driver's.

My buildings game plan:
Send out driver's with shelves 1-4

Attach a PVD to every driver.

Large rental truck shuttles to bring shelves 5-8 to each Driver later in the day.

A 9 hour planned day for each Driver.... (Yeah right!)

That is the whole plan.. I literally read it off the paper my center manager brought back after their big peak meeting.

Dumbo

Personally I'm hoping it's a absolute epic disaster. Company has had a whole year to prepare for it. Staffing should have been a big focus and it wasn't.

The company is determined to do more with less just to keep profits soaring. I know of many driver's that plan on being on disability, FMLA or stress leave during peak because they refuse to be worked to death because of the companies refusal to do the right thing. To be honest I'm seriously thinking of being one of those driver's.

My buildings game plan:

Large rental truck shuttles to bring shelves 5-8 to each Driver later in the day.

That is the whole plan.. I literally read it off the paper my center manager brought back after their big peak meeting.

I just look at it like we are pretty much going to be working max hours, so if they want to just make it harder for themselves while I dig for boxes all day and get less done it's on them. I'm not changing anything except how many actual hours I'm doing it for.

If anything I'll probably slow it down a bit on account of snow and keeping myself healthy and stress free with all the hours.

I like to put some classical music or some jazz or soul music on at night on my speaker while working late and just take in the cool night air knowing I'm being paid.

542thruNthru

I just look at it like we are pretty much going to be working max hours, so if they want to just make it harder for themselves while I dig for boxes all day and get less done it's on them. I'm not changing anything except how many actual hours I'm doing it for.

If anything I'll probably slow it down a bit on account of snow and keeping myself healthy and stress free with all the hours.

I like to put some classical music or some jazz or soul music on at night on my speaker while working late and just take in the cool night air knowing I'm being paid.
I like your thinking. Problem for me is I've been doing the 12-13 hours for half the year. I'm done.

Usually listen to a book or screw around on here when I work late.

Grey

My buildings game plan:

I think their focus on staffing has been significant. For the first time in a long time there’s about 10 drivers on the side every day and PVD’s are lined up about 30 deep.

As for everything else it’s up in the air. As usual it could go either way.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Singing "All Star" by Smash Mouth was my shtick.

542thruNthru

I think their focus on staffing has been significant. For the first time in a long time there’s about 10 drivers on the side every day and PVD’s are lined up about 30 deep.

As for everything else it’s up in the air. As usual it could go either way.
Different in your area than mine. Very little PVDs are being used.