It's just a question of time. 5, 10, 20 years....

fatboy33

So in the UK Amazon is already provide service as a third party shipper. In the US they're flying USPS items. The question is, which company will Amazon take over first, UPS, FDX or "USPS".

zeev

So in the UK Amazon is already provide service as a third party shipper. In the US they're flying USPS items. The question is, which company will Amazon take over first, UPS, FDX or "USPS".

none they are doing fine without them record growth in a short time just add more volume and achieve greater scale.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

They are cherry picking what they take. FedEx and UPS are experiencing record volumes.

McFeely

Huge Member
I would imagine taking over the USPS would be most challenging, since it has some roots under the executive branch of the US and isn’t a privately or publicly held company.

That being said, I could see Amazon being more interested in buying FDX over UPS due to union issues and the fact that our Ground system is basically what their DSP is based off of. Also, probably a less expensive company to purchase based on market cap, but I’m clearly no M&A whiz since I’m just a courier 🤓

NC man

Be up to shareholders.its about money so mutual funds own tons of stock and if price is right I would imagine they would vote to sell.individuals don’t own enough shares to affect a vote.im sure Amazon doesn’t want to deal with a union so don’t see UPS being target before FDX

Be up to shareholders.its about money so mutual funds own tons of stock and if price is right I would imagine they would vote to sell.individuals don’t own enough shares to affect a vote.im sure Amazon doesn’t want to deal with a union so don’t see UPS being target before FDX
All of UPS shares on the market are b-shares
Basically that means you need 10 B shares to equal 1 a share on voting rights

NC man

All of UPS shares on the market are b-shares
Basically that means you need 10 B shares to equal 1 a share on voting rights
Can’t see UPS being a target anyway,we have Ground which is basically same as Amazon and more Express moving that way over time.Would not be surprised if Express is all pt in five yrs or so

fatboy33

You guys bring up an interesting point. Pilots excluded, FDX employees aren't union. Maybe it would make sense to grab onto a workforce with no power??

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You guys bring up an interesting point. Pilots excluded, FDX employees aren't union. Maybe it would make sense to grab onto a workforce with no power??
Likely that Amazon would lose the RLA protection.

But if you have no driver/employees to worry about, does it matter?!

zeev

Amazon has no desire to have trucks, drivers, or planes their superior logistics and artificial intelligence have gotten them this far. Cheaper just to contract it out.