It's just a question of time. 5, 10, 20 years....

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The 11 767's they bought last January don't count?
OK, here goes. They have 70 or so planes in service, none of which they own, and all of which they lease from others, plus 11 planes that they bought last January THAT WON'T BE IN SERVICE UNTIL SUMMER 2022.

So, to your point - they don't own any planes that are in service moving their product. But if your point was that they owned at least one plane, and it didn't have to be in service, then I guess you've got that.

I figured you would go silent once presented with facts.
Weird flex, bro, but OK.

Also, I went 3 hours without posting on a holiday. Glad you checked up on me!

falcon back

OK, here goes. They have 70 or so planes in service, none of which they own, and all of which they lease from others, plus 11 planes that they bought last January THAT WON'T BE IN SERVICE UNTIL SUMMER 2022.

So, to your point - they don't own any planes that are in service moving their product. But if your point was that they owned at least one plane, and it didn't have to be in service, then I guess you've got that.

Weird flex, bro, but OK.

Also, I went 3 hours without posting on a holiday. Glad you checked up on me!
Like I said. They own planes. You said they did not own planes. As with many of your post, you were incorrect. The fact that they are not in service wasn't the point. Look how many planes FDX owns and are not in service. They still own them.

59 Dano

Like I said. They own planes. You said they did not own planes. As with many of your post, you were incorrect.
Let's fire up the instant replay:
They already have planes, trucks and drivers.
Most of which is subbed out to third parties.

You said they did not own planes.
1630977071490.jpeg

Stay in your lane.

fedx

Extra Large Package
I would imagine taking over the USPS would be most challenging, since it has some roots under the executive branch of the US and isn’t a privately or publicly held company.

That being said, I could see Amazon being more interested in buying FDX over UPS due to union issues and the fact that our Ground system is basically what their DSP is based off of. Also, probably a less expensive company to purchase based on market cap, but I’m clearly no M&A whiz since I’m just a courier 🤓

I agree about not buying UPS. They have a market cap of $170 billion while FedEx's market cap is only 70 billion. They could buy a shipping company for less than half the price of UPS, plus they don't have to worry about a union. However, I just don't see anything happening until Fred steps down or dies. He isn't going to give up his baby. I know there would be a vote, but Fred would try to stop an approval at all costs. But even if Amazon bought FedEx, I doubt anything would change much for a couple of years. They might end up consolidating or expanding some routes, but I would image most things would stay seamless except logo branding.

Last edited:

fedx

Extra Large Package
Be up to shareholders.its about money so mutual funds own tons of stock and if price is right I would imagine they would vote to sell.individuals don’t own enough shares to affect a vote.im sure Amazon doesn’t want to deal with a union so don’t see UPS being target before FDX

My prior company had an institutional investor that owned 20% of my old company. The mutual fund manager wanted my company to sell or merge to a bigger company, but our company refused to entertain the idea and they said they did a research report on selling and determined it was a bad idea. The institutional investor asked to see their internal report that they claimed they did and my company told that investor to go pound sand and refused to show it. I think they just made up a story that they did research to begin with. But I guess if a company doesn't want to sell, they can jerk around institutional investors too.

bacha29

So in the UK Amazon is already provide service as a third party shipper. In the US they're flying USPS items. The question is, which company will Amazon take over first, UPS, FDX or "USPS".

The Sherman Anti Trust Act would make large scale buyouts/mergers in the days ahead less likely. The industry will likely become even more competitive with the people at the bottom paying the price in terms of pay, benefits, job security.

59 Dano

I agree about not buying UPS. They have a market cap of $170 billion while FedEx's market cap is only 70 billion. They could buy a shipping company for less than half the price of UPS, plus they don't have to worry about a union. However, I just don't see anything happening until Fred steps down or dies. He isn't going to give up his baby. I know there would be a vote, but Fred would try to stop an approval at all costs. But even if Amazon bought FedEx, I doubt anything would change much for a couple of years. They might end up consolidating or expanding some routes, but I would image most things would stay seamless except logo branding.
Why in the world would Amazon buy FedEx? They'd pay money for higher cost employees that they don't want, vehicles and facilities that they don't want or need, and the capacity to service areas that they don't want.

It will be fine

Why in the world would Amazon buy FedEx? They'd pay money for higher cost employees that they don't want, vehicles and facilities that they don't want or need, and the capacity to service areas that they don't want.
Ya, but they’d also get to transport their competition’s packages. Anytime you can provide a service to companies that directly compete with your business you gotta take it.

falcon back

Too bad your lane isn't smart street.
Smart enough to make more than you while I never have to work again. Smart enough to know more about the business of delivering and picking up packages than you will ever know. Smart enough to realize that Amazon owns a few 767's even though you insist they don't own any. I guess I am smart enough to read the web sites that detailed Amazon buying those planes and for some reason, you can't.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Smart enough to make more than you while I never have to work again. Smart enough to know more about the business of delivering and picking up packages than you will ever know. Smart enough to realize that Amazon owns a few 767's even though you insist they don't own any. I guess I am smart enough to read the web sites that detailed Amazon buying those planes and for some reason, you can't.
:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Serf

Pre corona stuff the rumor was Walmart was going to buy FDX, and express would serve as Walmart’s airline to take on Amazon. Silly rumors.