I've never received a diad mssg quite like this...

WorknLateHuh

The other day i'm covering a route, and I had to pick up a pkg. Before I get there i get this message.

IMG_0578.JPG

Video tape me??!! wtf? Turns out, this customer is on bad terms with UPS, and has posted hate videos in the past trying to get a rise out of drivers.

So my question is... have any of you been directly video taped like this? I'm not talking about home/property cameras. It seems everyone has those now.

To finish the story, I dreaded going to this stop the whole day, wondering what kind of bizarre confrontation was going to go down, and just thinking to myself i should just skip it. Once i did get there she was POed about a set of circumstances, but no video taping or tomfoolery went down.

Last edited by a moderator:

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
A set of circumstances? If she's on such bad terms why does she still insist on using UPS? Must be one of those vultures who looks for a way to squeeze free stuff out of someone by whatever means they can.

Star B

White Lightening
I've been taped thousands of times. Security cameras.

If a customer gets in my face, it turns into a "shut up, get the package, if I can't get the package cuz the customers being a :censored2:... leave and inform"

Rant at me.. I'm OK with that, but don't prevent me from doing my job because you got boned by Memphis.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you deliver like a supervisor is in the passenger seat and the customers have security cameras, you will work here 'til retirement !!!

Security cameras are one thing.

We are talking about the customer directly video taping you (cellphone?) while you are trying to do your job.

I agree that she should be put on Will Call.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Security cameras are one thing.

We are talking about the customer directly video taping you (cellphone?) while you are trying to do your job.

I agree that she should be put on Will Call.

I agree with you, excessive and will call's an option.
If she's in her window videoing you, she's not a hinderance to the delivery and she's no better than one of those Ring doorbells.

Either way, I'd honk out front, walk on the driveway/sidewalk and make a textbook delivery.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree with you, excessive and will call's an option.
If she's in her window videoing you, she's not a hinderance to the delivery and she's no better than one of those Ring doorbells.

Either way, I'd honk out front, walk on the driveway/sidewalk and make a textbook delivery.

Cutting across the lawn would not be an option.

DriverNerd

I think the message is funny. At least you got a fair warning. I had one customer obviously record me. I walked up to them, handed them the package, said thank you and left. Go ahead and share it. I deliver to so many businesses, I'm sure I'm being recorded for a good portion of my deliveries anyway. That's the world we live in. It's just going to get worse.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Why isn't she placed on only pick up at Customer Counter?

Oh how I wish FedEx has this option...

U got a :censored2: list ? Crappy Customers

One person came up to me after I got done with a neighboring stop... dead end street, so it was a good opportunity to sort my next 10 stops.

This nitwit starts taking pics of my rental van and starts confronting me. I politely said I'm taking a break from my 10 hour day to set up my next stops and to hydrate...

Next 2 days, he gets a delivery, but DEX 027 "didn't attempt delivery" on the service cross: Jack donkey customer. Hostile to FedEx driver.

Guess UPS will take this customer from now on

barnyard

KTM rider
I would appreciate that kind of warning. I have been phone video'd a couple of times. The 2 times that I know of, I did not notice until I was back in the driver seat. Both times, I smiled and waved. Both times, when I got to my next stop, I called in to tell my supe. There was really nothing remarkable about either time and I really have no clue why they were filming.

If I had known or noticed the phones before, I am not sure that I would have done anything different. A driver in my center was on youtube and it was not a good thing.

There are a couple of places that I deliver that have diad notes to deliver with caution, because they are problem customers. 1 of them gets things 4-5 days a week. Used to have the garage door code in the diad, then a specific spot on the porch and now a warning to tread lightly. He was home Thursday and I spoke to him. Nice guy. Maybe it's his wife.