I've noticed that most drivers don't own premium cars that they can afford. Why?

Why do you drive much less than you can afford?

• Just don't wanna appear flashy or showing off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like to appear as an everyday blue (brown?) collar worker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have different priorities than nice cars

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • I have a big family so the money isn't as much as it seems

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Hey, I'm one of the one's with a luxury car. Gotta problem w/ that?

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Other

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I live a fairly modest lifestyle but I do like my new cars:

nissan_13altimasl5a_angularfront_Regular.jpg

This is the 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5S.

I enjoy the numbers in my investment accounts that give me a relatively stress free existence (in regards to financial concerns).
I also enjoy the lack of things that complicate my life and cause me to be concerned about their well-being.
Houses tend to cause me the most stress with upkeep and maintenance.
My cat concerns me at times with his ailments.
My wife's driving stresses me out ... I try not to spend much time in a car with her.

I enjoy how listening to a V8 being rowed through a 5 speed sounds out a dual exhaust as I drive away from another day of dealing with shietheads.

Some people drink. Some take prozac. Some go home and take it out on the wife and kids.

I drive a Mustang.

oldngray

nowhere special
I know someone who used to live in Idaho. He said his UPS driver there had a Lamborghini. There were a lot of roads around there he couldn't drive it on but he would cruise around town on weekends.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I enjoy how listening to a V8 being rowed through a 5 speed sounds out a dual exhaust as I drive away from another day of dealing with shietheads.

Some people drink. Some take prozac. Some go home and take it out on the wife and kids.

I drive a Mustang.
Daughter visited this weekend with her 'new' Mustang.......2012 California edition.......all black...looks like night rider!! I forget the model name, but it was a hot lookin' car parked at an old couple's home.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

I drive a Mustang.

Similar story here. Love the sounds & smell from my powerstroke diesel in my F450. I'd drive that tank everywhere if my wife & kids felt the same way. Idk what their problem is with that.
No nice cars like you, just work trucks & keep my wife in something nice.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

I drive a Mustang.
I love the sound, too. Can't afford one for amusement, so that's why I love watching racing as much as I do.

gingerkat

I know a driver that has a sweet sweet Escalade that's pimped out with hot rims and yup that is one sexy truck. But there's a catch! Bro is still single, why? Because he lives at home with mom. Sorry bro, chicks like a hot car, but bring her home to share a bed at moms house - es no bueno!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I know a driver that has a sweet sweet Escalade that's pimped out with hot rims and yup that is one sexy truck. But there's a catch! Bro is still single, why? Because he lives at home with mom. Sorry bro, chicks like a hot car, but bring her home to share a bed at moms house - es no bueno!

I've seen a nice 911 parked outside a singlewide. Priorities. Just not mine.

MethodsMan

I got an 03' 4 Runner. Works for me. Dependable, nice looking, holds it value. I got it 2 years ago for 8k. Only 148k on the engine and haven't had one issue. I'll probably keep it for a another 5-10 years. The V8 in that puppy is fun!

Last edited: