Ivermectin Is a COVID 'Wonder Drug'

newfie

FDA has fast tracked an experimental vaccine in record time. If that drug had any real possibility of treatment they would be approving it for emergency use and Drumpf would have been claiming it to be a " game changer ".
fast track and fda is an oxymoron

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Bought me a couple tubes off of Amazon.

View attachment 323538
You sure you got enough?

Screenshot_20210105-020343_Chrome.jpg

@Turdferguson

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Physician Tells Senate, Ivermectin Is a COVID 'Wonder Drug;' 'If You Take It, You Will Not Get Sick From COVID'

Ivermectin is proving to be a "wonder drug" that is not approved for the treatment of COVID but should be, a pulmonologist told a hearing of the Senate Homeland Security Committee on Tuesday.

In an impassioned presentation, Dr. Pierre Kory, a physician at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center in Milwaukee, begged the National Institutes of Health to review his study of Ivermectin, a drug that's been around for decades and is used to treat parasites.

Ordered me some from Amazon:

View attachment 323536

Found his group's recommendation, if you're really going to take it, might as well do it right.

Screenshot_20210105-055442_Drive.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Well if it's being reported by cnsnews it must be accurate.

So you think CNS News made up the Senate Homeland Security Committee hearing that they're reporting on. So you think the video from the hearing is some sort of deep fake?

You believe some very radical conspiracy theories my Chinese friend. Carry on.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What’s the harm in approving this for covid treatment?

It’s been approved human use for other things for like 30 years.

Worst case it doesn’t work as well as they say.

rickyb

Theres a guy ralph nader likes who does a publication called best pills worst pills about unsafe fda approved drugs

Sportello

Banned

Recommendation

• The COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel recommends against the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19, except in a clinical trial (AIII).

Rationale

Ivermectin has been shown to inhibit the replication of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in cell cultures.7 However, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies suggest that achieving the plasma concentrations necessary for the antiviral efficacy detected in vitro would require administration of doses up to 100-fold higher than those approved for use in humans.8,9 Even though ivermectin appears to accumulate in the lung tissue, predicted systemic plasma and lung tissue concentrations are much lower than 2 µM, the half-maximal inhibitory concentration (IC50) against SARS-CoV-2 in vitro.10,11

Ivermectin is not approved for the treatment of any viral infection, including SARS-CoV-2 infection. The FDA issued a warning in April 2020 that ivermectin intended for use in animals should not be used to treat COVID-19 in humans.

Brownslave688

Recommendation

• The COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel recommends against the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19, except in a clinical trial (AIII).

Rationale

Ivermectin has been shown to inhibit the replication of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in cell cultures.7 However, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies suggest that achieving the plasma concentrations necessary for the antiviral efficacy detected in vitro would require administration of doses up to 100-fold higher than those approved for use in humans.8,9 Even though ivermectin appears to accumulate in the lung tissue, predicted systemic plasma and lung tissue concentrations are much lower than 2 µM, the half-maximal inhibitory concentration (IC50) against SARS-CoV-2 in vitro.10,11

Ivermectin is not approved for the treatment of any viral infection, including SARS-CoV-2 infection. The FDA issued a warning in April 2020 that ivermectin intended for use in animals should not be used to treat COVID-19 in humans.
They never gave it a chance.

One study done on cultures in a lab destroyed it all in 48 hours. FDA said well you used a really high dose we can’t approve.

How about let’s see what lower dosage does? Let’s do some trials and studies. Instead nope. Let’s hide it because it’s readily available and cheap.

Brownslave688

The only reason we are hearing about it now is because other countries decided to give it a shot and have had lots of success