Job Posting pay rate VS actual pay rate

toasterboy303

Hey there, so I recently applied as a FT combination driver. The pay rate stated in the job posting was $27 an hour. I believe this rate is due to an increase which took place on September 4th. I applied a few days before the 4th and all I need now is my DOT physical. When I took the road test the supervisor told me that I would indeed be paid $27 however, all of the recruiters that I talk to and Ive talked again and again with them, says that the position pays a fixed rate of $20.50. I don't understand why they job postings say $27 and am completely lost as to how to proceed. If I continue with the application I expect to be paid $27 but the recruiters say that I will not. Anybody have any advice? Here is the job posting so that you can see for yourself: Warehouse Delivery Driver at UNITED PARCEL SERVICE

21Savage

$20.50 is the 22.4 rate. You'll be a reg temp or a seasonal at this point not a 22.4 . Should get the $27 but then have to requalify after peak and if you requalify it will be as a 22.4 at $20.50. and they'll dq you if you suck during that requalification, or just not bring you back at all if you suck during peak. but right now they'll probably just keep you through peak as long as you don't get in an accident.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey there, so I recently applied as a FT combination driver. The pay rate stated in the job posting was $27 an hour. I believe this rate is due to an increase which took place on September 4th. I applied a few days before the 4th and all I need now is my DOT physical. When I took the road test the supervisor told me that I would indeed be paid $27 however, all of the recruiters that I talk to and Ive talked again and again with them, says that the position pays a fixed rate of $20.50. I don't understand why they job postings say $27 and am completely lost as to how to proceed. If I continue with the application I expect to be paid $27 but the recruiters say that I will not. Anybody have any advice? Here is the job posting so that you can see for yourself: Warehouse Delivery Driver at UNITED PARCEL SERVICE

It’s called bait and switch

PT Car Washer

$20.50 is the 22.4 rate. You'll be a reg temp or a seasonal at this point not a 22.4 . Should get the $27 but then have to requalify after peak and if you requalify it will be as a 22.4 at $20.50. and they'll dq you if you suck during that requalification, or just not bring you back at all if you suck during peak. but right now they'll probably just keep you through peak as long as you don't get in an accident.
Summer seasonal period ended after Labor Day. I have no idea what a regular temp is. My guess is that the $27/hr is a market rate adjustment because no one in your area will take the job for $20/hr. By contract PT start at $15/hr but the MRA is $19/hr. I understand other areas is much higher.