Joke is on you

Ghost in the Darkness

Hey we increased pension contributions for you, pay no mind that we have already cut your pension.
We really don't want you to get shot walking up on someone's porch after 2100, but it really wasn't a top priority to keep you safe and maybe prevent a tragedy.
After much consideration we decided that package delivery at Christmas time/peak is way more important than anything else... we all can make sacrifices and your own safety is something you can offer to make that happen.
Look, telematics isn't going anywhere and management would never abuse that power over you no matter what. Just remember we always get that contract wording right so this won't be an issue.
Inflation? Cost of living? The things have slowed at an alarming rate, you are well ahead of the curve... its a win-win for everyone.
Part-timers can be a 22.4 and get all the hours they can ever want... why treat them well we want them to move out of those jobs.
Speaking of 22.4, they will save everything. No thanks needed we are already able to pat ourselves on the back.
Your union dues are going to pay for some good things, like yes votes. Donuts or hots-in-the-lot anyone?!!

J12dgk74SczpC.gif

siouxman

siouxman
Seriously though... The idle threat in the teleconference was basically if we don't take this what comes next is going to be worse.
The premise that UPS will have a better offer if this is voted down does not seem logical to me. I don't think the company and union would spend months negotiating and then assume it will be voted down. If it is voted down terms will change some for the good and some for the bad. It's called collective bargining

LagunaBrown

The premise that UPS will have a better offer if this is voted down does not seem logical to me. I don't think the company and union would spend months negotiating and then assume it will be voted down. If it is voted down terms will change some for the good and some for the bad. It's called collective bargining
Ask the guys in Local 89 and Philly. They got less with their no vote.

LagunaBrown

They got less when the IBT imposed the last contract on us.
Yup. If your going to vote no you gotta know the risk. Don’t blame anyone else if you roll the dice. Personally I think your leaders miss calculated that one. Just like this contract will be imposed if not enough votes. Whenever you vote no it could get better or it could get worse but anyone that tells you different is lying to you. There is always risk.

SoCalUPS

This contract will pass because of the IBT fear tactics. Voting "No" will not get them back to the table. It's a done deal folks. This agreement should've never been presented to the membership. They took our proposal that we as members made and tossed them in the trash. This is the beginning of the end for Teamsters at UPS. No way workers in Right To Work states or part timers continue paying dues while the IBT sells them out. While some will say that the West came out on top, this contract is for all Teamsters not just one region. Every region needs to come out on top, not just the West coast. If the Central and East coast are complaining, we need to listen to them. They are our Brothers and Sisters. Feels sad to be sold out by the IBT again

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This contract will pass because of the IBT fear tactics. Voting "No" will not get them back to the table. It's a done deal folks. This agreement should've never been presented to the membership. They took our proposal that we as members made and tossed them in the trash. This is the beginning of the end for Teamsters at UPS. No way workers in Right To Work states or part timers continue paying dues while the IBT sells them out. While some will say that the West came out on top, this contract is for all Teamsters not just one region. Every region needs to come out on top, not just the West coast. If the Central and East coast are complaining, we need to listen to them. They are our Brothers and Sisters. Feels sad to be sold out by the IBT again

I have a feeling you're right, but I'm interested to see how the vote goes. I'd love it if the average upser sees what's going on and takes action, but I'm not optimistic.

F

Frankie's Friend

Don’t blame anyone else if you roll the dice. Personally I think your leaders miss calculated that one.
Dumbest post today is presented to Lagoon.

C6 Teamcare would be our new plan? 4 yr progression? 1 punch a month going to 1 punch a week.

These amongst other negative changes were not "calculated" before we voted No?

Locals in Illinois voted heck no the first and possibly the second time as well.

You mean "dont blame anyone but yourself if you dont vote".

Maybe you should think before you rant.