Juan Perez and Scott Price retiring...

Popeye

You sound jealous lol. Old white guys hate working for a black
Lol. Retired and still posting on a site about your former employer about :censored2: you know nothing about.

Thatā€™s a pretty unhappy way to go through life lol.
I can empathize with you about the chip on your shoulder. It must be hard always wondering if you got the job because you were the best person or because you were the best black person. And also wondering if everyone else has the same question on their minds. But thatā€™s the way things are in the world of race based preferential treatment.

UPSER1987

I can empathize with you about the chip on your shoulder. It must be hard always wondering if you got the job because you were the best person or because you were the best black person. And also wondering if everyone else has the same question on their minds. But thatā€™s the way things are in the world of race based preferential treatment.
Sorry you were passed over in this white privileged society. That must really sting lol.

VacationIsCancelled

Not surprised about Perez. Rumor around 55 was he was Abney's punching bag in MC meetings back in the day. Maybe Tome took the gloves and let him have it too till neither could take it anymore.

Popeye

Not surprised about Perez. Rumor around 55 was he was Abney's punching bag in MC meetings back in the day. Maybe Tome took the gloves and let him have it too till neither could take it anymore.
IT was a monumental mess long before he took over, but he didnā€™t seem to be on a path to fix it. The IT function that UPS has is what you get when you put washed up Accounting bean-counters in charge for decades.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
IT was a monumental mess long before he took over, but he didnā€™t seem to be on a path to fix it. The IT function that UPS has is what you get when you put washed up Accounting bean-counters in charge for decades.
IE has never been able to run this company. They removed the keys complete from them in the late 80's. They should never have given the keys back..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Lol
I doubt most can tie their shoes
Iā€™ve talked with many IE people over the years and had a buddy that went into IE years agoā€¦ In almost every case each person was absolutely certain that the IE function was pretty much the most important cog in the machineā€¦also some of the most arrogant also.

UPSER1987

Iā€™ve talked with many IE people over the years and had a buddy that went into IE years agoā€¦ In almost every case each person was absolutely certain that the IE function was pretty much the most important cog in the machineā€¦also some of the most arrogant also.
That group is good for one thing- point fingers. Not one could put together a comprehensive plan or deliver a package if their life depended on it.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
the average IE sup is far less arrogant than the average ops sup, 100%; even the stupid college kids with no brains or experience aren't that full of themselves as much as they are lazy

also, if every single one of them was so certain, don't you think maybe they have a point?
if every IE person disappeared tomorrow, the company could chug along for a couple weeks at most before :censored2: fell apart completely

That group is good for one thing- point fingers. Not one could put together a comprehensive plan or deliver a package if their life depended on it.
i've literally never seen an IE dept engage in finger pointing; it is ALWAYS the ops manager or DM's trying to run people's careers into the grounds over petty spats

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
also, if every single one of them was so certain, don't you think maybe they have a point?
if every IE person disappeared tomorrow, the company could chug along for a couple weeks at most before :censored2: fell apart completely
See that's the part you don't understand. This company runs fine without the use of IE. In a matter of fact IE hurt the company so bad in the very late eighties. It had the keys removed from them. Again, you don't have to massage our backs. We aren't giving you a raise..

johnbuck

I am in IE and i disagree with this 1000%. Only reason IE is somewhat needed is the outdated technology UPS has...

For instance GLS, i can be in NY hub and make an edit to send all NJ packages to a California load and GLS would not think twice about it.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
See that's the part you don't understand. This company runs fine without the use of IE. In a matter of fact IE hurt the company so bad in the very late eighties. It had the keys removed from them. Again, you don't have to massage our backs. We aren't giving you a raise..
I really have no idea what you're talking about because i'm not from the stone age

No one group should have "the keys" to anything, it should always be a group effort

I am in IE and i disagree with this 1000%. Only reason IE is somewhat needed is the outdated technology UPS has...

For instance GLS, i can be in NY hub and make an edit to send all NJ packages to a California load and GLS would not think twice about it.
So you disagree IE is needed, then immediately show how without IE involvement we could have thousands of service failures

this guy.gif

UPSER1987

the average IE sup is far less arrogant than the average ops sup, 100%; even the stupid college kids with no brains or experience aren't that full of themselves as much as they are lazy

i've literally never seen an IE dept engage in finger pointing; it is ALWAYS the ops manager or DM's trying to run people's careers into the grounds over petty spats
We work for different companies then. The IE department I know only engages in finger pointingā€¦no solution just ā€œ we identify, you fixā€ ā€¦knowing damn well there was no solution or one would have been offered by IE. Literally cannot explain a solution, much less execute it with real people lol.
Why is it on everyoneā€™s career path that IE is listed? Easy job, zero accountability and you go home early every day. Biggest non support function of all the non support functions.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
We work for different companies then. The IE department I know only engages in finger pointingā€¦no solution just ā€œ we identify, you fixā€ ā€¦knowing damn well there was no solution or one would have been offered by IE. Literally cannot explain a solution, much less execute it with real people lol.
Why is it on everyoneā€™s career path that IE is listed? Easy job, zero accountability and you go home early every day. Biggest non support function of all the non support functions.
Are you in IE?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
All it is is data entry. Anybody with half a brain can do it. Just need high attention to detail
Yeah and all a driver sup does is tell trainees where to park right?
You're obviously new because you have no idea what you're talking about

Edit: okay you're not new but you definitely haven't been around the track in that time