July 4, 2015

oldngray

nowhere special
How many people celebrate memorial day? Do they honor those who have served us and passed on?

Nope its a 3 day parry weekend.
Memorial-Day-not-BBQ-Day.jpg

upschuck

Are you taking the extra day or extra pay?
I always take the pay. Don't think hourlies can take an extra day off here. I'm usually ready to get back to work, anyways, but this one will be a "working" vacation. I am splitting a week of vacation up, so I could take an extra day, if I need to.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I always take the pay. Don't think hourlies can take an extra day off here. I'm usually ready to get back to work, anyways, but this one will be a "working" vacation. I am splitting a week of vacation up, so I could take an extra day, if I need to.

Extra pay for me as well. We have the option of taking an (unpaid) optional day at the convenience of management but I always take the money.

BlackCoffee

July 4th is Saturday this year if you work Sundays you have Sunday the 5th off. You don't just lose a holiday if it's on your day off.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've never heard of this option. They always give us the holiday pay on our vacation check.

I misspoke earlier-----it is an option only when the holiday falls on a regular work day. The holiday pay is added to your vacation check but you do have the option of taking an unpaid option day scheduled at the convenience of management.

box_beeyotch

I misspoke earlier-----it is an option only when the holiday falls on a regular work day. The holiday pay is added to your vacation check but you do have the option of taking an unpaid option day scheduled at the convenience of management.

When I was local sort, I always took this week off and took the extra day of pay. I very rarely use option days anyway unless I have no choice.