July 9-12th we should know if we're voting Yes or No

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
There is a meeting scheduled for July 9–12 for any Supplemental Agreements to the NMA that remain unresolved. As of this update there are several supplements that need to be finalized.

“I am confident that once the membership has reviewed and understood the changes, they will see that this agreement is among the very best ever negotiated for UPS members,” said Denis T, co-chairman of the Teamsters UPS National Negotiating committee. “I realize that the membership is anxious to see the improvements, but as I explained at the beginning of this process, the specifics must be held until the Supplements have been settled and the entire proposed contract has been reviewed by the two-person committee. There will be ample time for the members to review and understand the proposed agreement prior to voting. This is the process that has always been followed and I ask the members to be patient as we work to bring them the best possible contract. On behalf of the entire National Negotiating Committee, I also remind the membership, once again, that they should not rely on the misinformation that is circulating on the Internet. The groups that are generating that misinformation do not have your best interests in mind.”

Bratty Brown

We Want Beer
Included in a text from my business agent.
"Local 396 negotiations regarding the Western Region Supplement will take place on July 9 and 10 and July 16 and 17. Local 396 will be in negotiations regarding the Southwest Package and Sort Rider on July 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, and 20. Local 396 will also be in negotiations during that time for the Local 396 Addendum"

So WHEN will we see this contract? At the latest date possible?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Included in a text from my business agent.
"Local 396 negotiations regarding the Western Region Supplement will take place on July 9 and 10 and July 16 and 17. Local 396 will be in negotiations regarding the Southwest Package and Sort Rider on July 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, and 20. Local 396 will also be in negotiations during that time for the Local 396 Addendum"

So WHEN will we see this contract? At the latest date possible?
Gotta pass it to see what's in it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Such a waste of time, shouldn’t have taken this long to get this craptastic contract.
My guess is they're gonna scare some members into yes votes by telling them well if you don't pass it we won't have a contract come August 1. The company could lock us out.

Whereas if we had voted on this thing a month or two ago like we should have no one would be scared. They'd have plenty of time to go back to the table.

My guess is they're gonna scare some members into yes votes by telling them well if you don't pass it we won't have a contract come August 1. The company could lock us out.

Whereas if we had voted on this thing a month or two ago like we should have no one would be scared. They'd have plenty of time to go back to the table.
Doubt it will be ready in a month.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Doubt it will be ready in a month.
The more I look at the timelines on supplements and master talks, the more I start to fall into the camp their intention wasn’t to get this done by August 1st. I believe they knew there was a high probability of this getting rejected, high probability of extending through peak, and settle next year.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
So if the 21st is when we might see the finished contract when do the votes need to be in by? That's like only 1 full week to mail the crap out and have meetings.

The more I look at the timelines on supplements and master talks, the more I start to fall into the camp their intention wasn’t to get this done by August 1st. I believe they knew there was a high probability of this getting rejected, high probability of extending through peak, and settle next year.
It's possible