Just got delivery from Amazon at 8:45pm on Memorial Day.

rod

Retired 22 years
I talked to one in Texas. He had the option of working the morning 7-12, the afternoon 12- 5 or the evening 5-10 shift.

JustDeliverIt

And we think we have it bad, LOL. I'm now curious if they deliver 365 days a year. I often get deliveries Sunday night from them but on a major holiday was surprising. I guess I won't be surprised to see them Christmas Day.

Neighbor had a delivery around 1 today as well. Saw another one drive down my street around 7 tonight. Would feel bad for them but hey, we all have choices to make in life. Working for Amazon just happens to be a bad one some people make.

Overpaid Union Thug

Neighbor had a delivery around 1 today as well. Saw another one drive down my street around 7 tonight. Would feel bad for them but hey, we all have choices to make in life. Working for Amazon just happens to be a bad one some people make.
Unfortunately Amazon is setting the standard for the rest of the industry. Customers don’t give a rat’s ass about whether or not any of us (not just Amazon) have to work 7 days a week. Including holidays. So now each and every shipping company expects it. Society has fueled that monster.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
And we think we have it bad, LOL. I'm now curious if they deliver 365 days a year. I often get deliveries Sunday night from them but on a major holiday was surprising. I guess I won't be surprised to see them Christmas Day.

I got a priority mail today and so did the neighbor.

I remember a day working over 50-hours a week was unheard of other than December.

25-years ago if you would of asked any UPS driver; 'What is a pee bottle?', nobody would know... maybe guess a bottle of Mt. Dew or a bottle of Squirt.

Times have changed.

Last edited:

Scuderia

Unfortunately Amazon is setting the standard for the rest of the industry. Customers don’t give a rat’s ass about whether or not any of us (not just Amazon) have to work 7 days a week. Including holidays. So now each and every shipping company expects it. Society has fueled that monster.

So true. Ppl don’t even see us as humans. I swear you could be laying on the street, run over, half dead, and some :censored2: would come with his phone to tell you their pckg is in your PC.

trickpony1

They have about 300mg of caffeine.
You won't drink three of those per day

I know of an orthopedic surgeon that decided to buy into a local doctor owned hospital.

He started doing knee replacements as fast as he could.
He also started slamming energy drinks.

Guess where he ended up?