Keyless system question

bigbrownhen

I had a problem with it shutting off while moving. I had to call in and get the code. Yes, the lock box is in a bad place. Since I coasted to the shoulder of the highway, traffic zining past my driver's door. I had to practicly crawl under the steering wheel to get it open.

I actually like the keyless. It's the best idea since the cameras in my opinion. When they work right anyway. As with anything new. There will be problems to be worked out.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Had my first experience with this today. Ignition and bulkhead werent a problem but I couldn't get the back door to work. kept having to go back through the front and open it from inside. I finally jammed something in the mechanism. Problem solved. I have to be perfect and I expect my equipment to work perfectly. If not then don't install it. I ain't got time be aggravated!

YesYouDidPushAButton

Can someone give me the scoop on these new systems ? We dont have telematics or anything keyless in our center. I have a feeling I'm going to hate it, I'm not sure whats wrong with having plain keys ?? Pictures ? Lockbox ? Wtf is the lockbox for ? Sounds like they super complicated this. I'd be interested in any info

top dollar

The keyless is the best thing. It does have its random problems but over all it's awesome and a time saver.

The keyless is a remote that starts and stops and opens the bulk head door and the back door with a push of a button!

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I love keyless, I really feel like it's money well spent. Takes some time to get used to and bugs worked out, but once its rolling, you'll never want to look back. I kinda get a kick out of opening the bulkhead when people are near the car and watching their reactions. Overall the hardest part about the switch is remembering to remove your keys from your belt loop everyday. Our security guard even looks for them when he wands us out.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
@Brownmonster
When your back there, try clicking the key fob (or clicker as I like to refer to it as) three times rapidly and it should disengage the RD lock...or you can slide it manually. PITA but that's logistics...

iruhnman630

@Brownmonster
When your back there, try clicking the key fob (or clicker as I like to refer to it as) three times rapidly and it should disengage the RD lock...or you can slide it manually. PITA but that's logistics...
You should only need to click it twice for back door to unlock.

What's real fun is when you accidently hit it twice when trying to open the bulkhead door then must wait for the rear door to re-lock (about 10 seconds) before the bulkhead can be unlocked.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You should only need to click it twice for back door to unlock.

What's real fun is when you accidently hit it twice when trying to open the bulkhead door then must wait for the rear door to re-lock (about 10 seconds) before the bulkhead can be unlocked.

Tried every possible clicking scenerio. This wasn't my truck so I'm hoping when mine gets installed it works. I won't tolerate working part of the time. Either it works or it gets disengaged.

YesYouDidPushAButton

I just can't see it any faster than with keys ? I'm a youngster (comparatively) and I can pull the key, be out of the seat and have the bulkhead door open in one motion ? Same as the rear door, it takes a second to open it, I use it with the key about 5 times per day. I can't see this being beneficial over with all the reported issues. But I'm anxious to see it in person.

upsyo

You press the engine stop button to turn off the truck and then press it once more to open the bulkhead door (takes a fraction of a second) and BOOM the bulkhead door is open before you even have your seat belt off.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
So....speaking of nuts could there ever be a problem with health issues from hanging the remote so close to our balls....and im not talking about the remote swinging back and forth into them all day.

It sends a "dirty" signal. Each person reacts differently. Consult a physician if it lasts more than four hours...

top dollar

The code for all our boxes is 1234. Easy enough and it's the best asset for us drivers love the keyless even when it doesn't work right all day it's still awesome!!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Spare keys. It uses the same five button keypad that the drop boxes use. If your first keyfob fails you call the shop with the car number and they give you the combo.

When you get that code and open the box, you will find that the backup fob also has the original ignition key on it.

When my fob died and I had to sit there for 10 minutes waiting for the mechanic to get back from lunch, I did 2 things; I wrote that code down, and I kept the backup ignition key on the fob that I used everyday. The next time I had issues with that fob, I just reverted back to using the key instead of wasting time on the phone calling in.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It's funny how things are so different across the country. We are not allowed to know the safe combo and if for some reason we need to get the spare out, they change the code that night.