Keyless system question

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I drive an old beater International 10 cube, it's got a new paint job, lapbelt and all latest spyware along with the keyfob. It costs me a least 7-8 minutes a day using the keyfob, half the time it doesn't work properly and now that my starter is beginning to grind cause the solenoid doesn't always engage (scheduled for repair) you have to wait the 15 seconds for it to reset. That being said I'm not a fan of the keyfob, think it was a waste of time & money putting them in these older trucks.

Stepping ove r a dollar to pick up a fricking dime. All of this new technological crap that is supposed to make our lives easier. BS

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You have to rub it to wake it up. The button has to be faced up, in the retrofitted trucks. Upside down it wont work,. Put it facing the ignition, it should work. Factory installed works from far away, retrofits dont. Usually by the time you hit the step on reentry, you can hit it and your dash will flash. put the keys in your pocket the first few days, dont let them code it yet.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It wont do it if I'm sitting in my seat with the fob on my belt loop. I should say it won't do it 100% of the time. It'll work for awhile and then it quits working. Which is fine, I have a lanyard that I'm going to hook it to and wear it around my neck. Maybe I'll choke myself. LMAO

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It wont do it if I'm sitting in my seat with the fob on my belt loop. I should say it won't do it 100% of the time. It'll work for awhile and then it quits working. Which is fine, I have a lanyard that I'm going to hook it to and wear it around my neck. Maybe I'll choke myself. LMAO
Take the fob from the key ring, and exchange them. ?????? They didnt code my keys yet. I threatened neck breaking.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Take the fob from the key ring, and exchange them. ?????? They didnt code my keys yet. I threatened neck breaking.
Ya, the mechanic gave me a new fob. Today was much better than Monday and Tues. My mechanic wrote some smart ass remark in the DVIR last night. Said he gave me a new fob, tested it, passed tests, is good within 15ft (MY ASS - maybe 5ft), and that this is NOT the first fleet that he has installed keyless in (well, LA TI:censored2: DA). I wrote back this morning, "I said it wasn't working Mon and you said it was fine. Apparently it wasn't." This ain't my first rodeo either smart ass (NO- I didn't write that in the DVIR, though I REALLY wanted to).

I've had my commercial drivers license for 20 years and every job I have had in that 20 years has been driving. I have worked with many a mechanic and I have done my own mechanic-ing. I HATE being treated like a
:censored2: child. I've written up 2 different trucks in the past few years (trucks the regular drivers have been in for years) and they had no :censored2: idea the motor mounts were broke. Our head mechanic is great. He's an old truck driver that has been around for years. Runs his own trucks as well as wrenching. The IDIOT that he has wrenching for him leaves a lot to be desired.

Oooooooh, sorry. Off the
:soapbox:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Unfortunately we, as women, are not taken seriously, at first. Now , and it took yrs, I have total respect, and vice versa, from and to my mechanics. I can usually tell them the problem, I am having. I carry tools, and can sometimes fix it myself.
You like I, and I havent ever had a commercial driving job til this one, know when it aint right.
and rightly so, how many women, just say, "my car wont start" We tell them what it does when it wont start, it is really the minute details. I knew I would have to prove myself over and over. I have no problemn with that. Been there done it, have the badge. At this point some little boy tries to diss me in any category, they are smoked sausage.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
LMAO!! That is sooo true. I've torn apart engines and rebuilt them. I've worked on my own motorcycle for christ sake. Men just have this mental block about women knowing anything outside the kitchen (:shutupsmiley:Cache). I can't wait to see what smart ass remarks he put in my DVIR this morning.

iowa boy

LMAO!! That is sooo true. I've torn apart engines and rebuilt them. I've worked on my own motorcycle for christ sake. Men just have this mental block about women knowing anything outside the kitchen (:shutupsmiley:Cache). I can't wait to see what smart ass remarks he put in my DVIR this morning.

I saw something I have never seen before today. I saw not one, but two different women get up onto and operate a forklift. Not being chauvinstic when i say that, just have never seen it before. I thought it was really cool, but a little intimidating with what they could do with those forks, but cool non the less.

And I went keyless for the first day today, and mine worked like a dream. For how long, I don't know, but today it worked like a dream.:whew:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I saw something I have never seen before today. I saw not one, but two different women get up onto and operate a forklift. Not being chauvinstic when i say that, just have never seen it before. I thought it was really cool, but a little intimidating with what they could do with those forks, but cool non the less.

And I went keyless for the first day today, and mine worked like a dream. For how long, I don't know, but today it worked like a dream.:whew:
I ran a forklift for the freight company I worked for the same year that you guys went on strike.

GolfCart

Ok , mine works perfect for 4-5 hrs then it freaks out and does not work anymore . Took 1 hr lunch , then it's all better , fixed again !!!!