Killing a route as a cover driver

JackStraw

Listen cheesy, we make $33 an hour. We know we have to hustle. But do it the right way. Don't cut corners, work safely, take your full one hour lunch, follow the methods and you'll make 30 years. It's not a competition between drivers on who is better or faster. There is always going to be drivers that are better and faster than others. Going around and beating your chest about it will not earn you anything.

MethodsMan

Listen cheesy, we make $33 an hour. We know we have to hustle. But do it the right way. Don't cut corners, work safely, take your full one hour lunch, follow the methods and you'll make 30 years. It's not a competition between drivers on who is better or faster. There is always going to be drivers that are better and faster than others. Going around and beating your chest about it will not earn you anything.

An hour lunch? We have a mandatory 30 minutes. I couldn't take an hour lunch everyday. After I sit around for that long I don't want to get back after it.

JackStraw

An hour lunch? We have a mandatory 30 minutes. I couldn't take an hour lunch everyday. After I sit around for that long I don't want to get back after it.
It does get tough. Especially in the winter. After sitting for an hour going out in 20 degree weather sucks. I normally take a nap for 30 mins.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Here's some logic for ya...don't piss off the veteran drivers...you never know when you might need one of them to have your back in the future. Alienate youself and you may wind up holding the bag all by your lonesome in the office.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
The OP is NOT a team player. You're not going to make it 30 years working like that.

Doesn't surprise me that UpState approves of the OP's work methods. Such a MeSter.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
So if I happen to work faster than someone, im showing off to management? What happens if I work slower than the bid driver? Is that what im supposed to do?

You should follow the methods. That's what YOU should do.

You know what else you should do? You should try to acquire a life instead of, getting your jollies by trolling this forum.

Have a seat, right over there.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1411266276.510095.jpg

Sent using a Potato

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
If you were to cover my route and ran a buck early, I would by you a beer because you have done the impossible. The runner gunner swing drivers whine when they have to do my route because "it's hard" and "they can't make any bonus." My route is hard but if you take your time, get to know the customers, and not worry about scratch you will have a good, but long, day.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My DM told us a story about how when he was a rookie driver he was actually running across a courtyard between a couple of buildings when he was running by an older person sitting on a bench. The guy on the bench called him over and told him he looked like an :censored2: running like that carrying packages and said he was gonna hurt someone. He got the message and stopped running. It was weird hearing management telling drivers to slow down.

Whargoul

I've been a FT swing driver for 5 months now. I work in a bonus center. At first I always went for bonus but I noticed almost every time I was tearing it up, gonna get done early like 3-4pm, that I would get a call from dispatch or a msg on diad to go do out of area pickups for other drivers pretty much killing all my bonus time. So now I just aim to run scratch everyday and I have not had to do any extra added BS. They have stat print outs every morning we can check and noticed that another new swing driver will run 1.5-2 hours bonus. This guy has literally told me he will buckle the seat belt behind him and not wear it. I checked his telematics stats and he'll have a absurd amount of bulk head door events, record in travel, high backs. I know he misdelivers a bunch of :censored2: too because I've had to clean up after him on some routes. Another new driver fresh outta Integrad last christmas was running 2-3 hours bonus doing all res stops no air no pickups and had a tier 3 after a month. I want to get my job done and go home ASAP everyday but I don't think it's worth the risk taking shortcuts that can lead to termination.