Knee injury brewing

ManInBrown

My right knee is starting to act up. I know it’s probably from getting on and off the truck 200 times a day. I’m very good about using the handrail but I’ll admit there are times when I forget or I don’t grab it firmly enough. Really want to avoid this turning into something serious. Any tips or advice (other than find a new job) would be appreciated.
Two things, it’s not probably from getting off and on the truck 200 times per day. It is because of that. And when it finally goes, you better make sure it goes at work, and not at home. And if it does happen at home, you better limp your arse into work and pretend it happened there.

barnyard

KTM rider
I wear knee braces periodically when they get sore. When they get sore, they are telling me that I am getting sloppy getting in and out of the truck. I use a rowing machine in the winter and ride a bike when it is nice to keep my legs and core strong. Since I started rowing, my knees have gotten significantly stronger and hurt far less.

35years

Gravy route
1 Step off truck facing backwards.

2 No pkgs in hand when on stairs.

3 Lower yourself slowly when stepping on or off.. handrail to ease the transition.

4 No stepping off docks to pkg car floor, stack pkgs on edge of dock, climb down, then load

5 Pivot your ass in the seat when getting up or sitting down. No one step to the side manuvers. Both feet face the pasenger door before getting up or down.

6. No running.

7 Lose weight,

8 The Mayo Clinic says fish oil helps...I agree......
"Rheumatoid arthritis. Studies suggest fish oil supplements might help reduce pain, improve morning stiffness and relieve joint tenderness in people with rheumatoid arthritis. While relief is often modest, it might be enough to reduce the need for anti-inflammatory medications"

9.Slide pks on to porches without climbing up the steps.. .

10 Set your seat to the highest possible position....avoids deep knee bends

11 Avoid lifting deeply whenever possible...Pkgs to shelves,
Stack your cart so you can offload without lifting pkgs again. Avoid all unnecessary lifting and lowering

Last edited:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The old p 600 , dam ,, i remember some had the round brake & clutch pedals and catching my bits & pieces on the shifter ,& my favorite,, mis stepping on way in and banging my shins , yes , we drove the lap of luxury!!

35years

Gravy route
The old p 600 , dam ,, i remember some had the round brake & clutch pedals and catching my bits & pieces on the shifter ,& my favorite,, mis stepping on way in and banging my shins , yes , we drove the lap of luxury!!
Wood shelves for slivers under finger nails.
Rock hard clutch pedals Skinny ass bottom step on the driver's side made for a contortionist to wiggle through. Huge lip on bulkhead door track to stumble over. Bulkhead door jamb that sharpened into a guillotine with every closing. Beautfull trucks were they not?

Last edited:

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Wood shelves for slivers under finger nails.
Rock hard clutch pedals Skinny ass bottom step on the driver's side made for a contortionist to wiggle through. Huge lip on bulkhead door track to stumble over. Bulkhead door jamb that sharpened into a guillotine with every closing. Beautfull trucks were they not?
And the old fords that blew the engine cover off and out the door in the summertime. That scared the crap out of you and made you deaf.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
(FIRST, LOOK FOR BIKES BEFORE YOU DO #1)
1 Step off truck facing backwards.

2 No pkgs in hand when on stairs.

3 Lower yourself slowly when stepping on or off.. handrail to ease the transition.

4 No stepping off docks to pkg car floor, stack pkgs on edge of dock, climb down, then load

5 Pivot your ass in the seat when getting up or sitting down. No one step to the side manuvers. Both feet face the pasenger door before getting up or down.

6. No running.

7 Lose weight,

8 The Mayo Clinic says fish oil helps...I agree......
"Rheumatoid arthritis. Studies suggest fish oil supplements might help reduce pain, improve morning stiffness and relieve joint tenderness in people with rheumatoid arthritis. While relief is often modest, it might be enough to reduce the need for anti-inflammatory medications"

9.Slide pks on to porches without climbing up the steps.. .

10 Set your seat to the highest possible position....avoids deep knee bends

11 Avoid lifting deeply whenever possible...Pkgs to shelves,
Stack your cart so you can offload without lifting pkgs again. Avoid all unnecessary lifting and lowering

rod

Retired 22 years
I still have scars on my chins from miss judging that first step in those old P600 ‘s