Knee injury brewing

The old non power steering high step trucks were shoulder and knee killers. If you can’t step out of the new package card without getting hurt you have an issue.

Iv noticed making sure to bend your knee at 90 degrees up and down make a huge difference. Most people kinda side kick their legs going up stairs, that kills your knees.
Just don't step out of the drivers side

The Milkman

And they had zero suspension

After being in a 6 or 8. When you open the bulkhead door and look at the load, the rear door is like a couple arm lengths away. Funny that when being bulked out and then put in the 300 it is like a dream. Not climbing over and sorting bulk. Was a nice route and as you would guess an old R.D. one. Nice flat dash for lunch. The only 300 in our center, and I was lucky enough to get a break when the senior driver was on vacation to escape the main street humping routes with bulk galore

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Yeah, that's an old 300. We had one just like that, it was an International.
The 400's were shaped sort of like a bullet. Round front end. Can't
believe there isn't a picture somewhere.

We had a couple of old 400’s with the square front ends. They were Fords. Zero suspension and would walk all over the road. Started out on a training route with one and then I drove one from time to time on a 250 mile a day country route. Was so glad to see them get crushed.

We had a couple of old 400’s with the square front ends. They were Fords. Zero suspension and would walk all over the road. Started out on a training route with one and then I drove one from time to time on a 250 mile a day country route. Was so glad to see them get crushed.
3oz8xUoZC8D0J2Grss.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My right knee is starting to act up. I know it’s probably from getting on and off the truck 200 times a day. I’m very good about using the handrail but I’ll admit there are times when I forget or I don’t grab it firmly enough. Really want to avoid this turning into something serious. Any tips or advice (other than find a new job) would be appreciated.
Hit the gym and lift. It helps to keep those legs strong. Also, good memory foam shoe insoles. Take some shock off the joints.

oldupsman

de5037a7d67330d568ba815c39d53d3c.png
There's my old P-400. Drove one of these until 1984.
Had the last one in my 250 car building. Rear blew out one night coming back to the building.
Put a full set of chains on this in the snow and it would go anywhere.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
View attachment 283572 There's my old P-400. Drove one of these until 1984.
Had the last one in my 250 car building. Rear blew out one night coming back to the building.
Put a full set of chains on this in the snow and it would go anywhere.
Wow, I would rock that today in my old rural route!

That grill reminds me of this movie's knight helmet:

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
@oldupsman , did the P400 have wooden shelves & a wooden bulkhead with a padlock ?
I know several different p- 600 ‘s did
Narrow wooden shelves at that !

I know the two p400’s we had both had wooden shelves and doors. The spare tire stood up under the bottom shelf behind the driver. It was too tall so they had to cut a hole in the shelf to make it fit.

The engine sat so far back in the cab it was hard getting a oversized pkg out the bulkhead door. Plus the stick shift was right in the way. Only good thing was you could sit pkgs on top of the engine cover it was so huge and flat.

clean hairy

Too bad ups did not keep them.
Could have sold them to Amazon to use!

oldupsman

I know the two p400’s we had both had wooden shelves and doors. The spare tire stood up under the bottom shelf behind the driver. It was too tall so they had to cut a hole in the shelf to make it fit.

The engine sat so far back in the cab it was hard getting a oversized pkg out the bulkhead door. Plus the stick shift was right in the way. Only good thing was you could sit pkgs on top of the engine cover it was so huge and flat.
@oldupsman , did the P400 have wooden shelves & a wooden bulkhead with a padlock ?
I know several different p- 600 ‘s did
Narrow wooden shelves at that !
Yep, wooden shelves that folded up and wooden bulkhead door. Didn't worry too much about
oversize packages in those days. Something was too big used the back door. Used to love that big
engine cover. Could put your next 4 or 5 stops right there with you. Honestly, it was fun to drive.