Kya Kya kyeah

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

True but they hit you hard as soon as you hit 30 days. They even took one more payment even after I notified them that I transferred into a non union position.

****OT COMMENT*******
Reminds me, that the union needs to better explain the dues vs initiation fee to incoming part timers. That's a discussion for the union forum though.

Union dues-----money to help run the local on a monthly basis.

Initiation fees----nothing more than a money grab.

Did you realize that each local has to pay a per capita tax to the national?

hehe xd

you old people who have been working at UPS for years were getting $7/hr to unload 53 foot trailers on to ROLLERS!. i get $10/hr to unload 20 foot trailers on to extendos! HAHAHAHAHA

MzTeaze

Union dues-----money to help run the local on a monthly basis.

Initiation fees----nothing more than a money grab.

Did you realize that each local has to pay a per capita tax to the national?

None of that is properly explained to incomers. I only found out AFTER I filled out a withdrawal card and talked to the foul mouth woman at the local.

god you're so smart i love it
o7PQjdoliF3Ow.gif

MzTeaze

Nearly all unions pay a portion of dues to the National or in the Teamsters case International

Sure, I can appreciate that. But why not provide a simply written flyer that lays that out for the $10.20 worker? It would be nice to understand that while I had the support of the union, they are spreading the INTIATION payment into the union out over the first year.

For contrast, DH is in a different union. He had to provide a check upfront for his initiation payment into the union as a newbie. But, I could easily see new hires deciding against taking the job if forced to pay upfront.

oldngray

nowhere special
Years ago we had something kind of relationship. I honestly don't remember the whole thing. But the bottom line it was something to do about money.

I used to have a neighbor who was in a mining machine union. He was very touchy about it wasn't in AFL-CIO but was only affiliated.