Laid off during 30 days!?

I completed 15 on road days as part of my 30 days qualification for full time and I was laid off. Two weeks went by and I was asked to drive on a Monday which guaranteed me driving for 5 consecutive days according to our union. Now I'm back on lay off. My questions are....can management do that? Take you off your 30 days and lay you off? and do those 5 extra days count towards my 30 days?

evilleace

In my area it is 30 days in a certain time period so yes they can lay you off, you should be able to bump back pt while on days you are laid off though. But it might be different in your area check your contract and talk to your steward to be sure.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Areas will differ, talk to your Business Agent for your specific info. In the central to become full time you must drive 30 days in a 90 day period. If you do not make it the first days willbegin to drop off so it will take a while if you don't. They can lay you off depending on volume and drivers needed but you should be able to go back to a part time shift or possibly 2 part time shifts.

When I was training and was told I was not needed I would show up anyway and start asking if people wanted days off to get it down to me being able to drive. Nowadays I don't know if they would allow that!! It was only 20 years ago!!

UPSGUY72

I completed 15 on road days as part of my 30 days qualification for full time and I was laid off. Two weeks went by and I was asked to drive on a Monday which guaranteed me driving for 5 consecutive days according to our union. Now I'm back on lay off. My questions are....can management do that? Take you off your 30 days and lay you off? and do those 5 extra days count towards my 30 days?

Yes they can lay you off at anytime during your employeement as long as it's in senority order. Your 30 days is suppose to be consecutive without any breaks. Not 20 here than a week off and than 5 and a week off. Everytime they lay your off or you call in your 30 days starts over.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Yes they can lay you off at anytime during your employeement as long as it's in senority order. Your 30 days is suppose to be consecutive without any breaks. Not 20 here than a week off and than 5 and a week off. Everytime they lay your off or you call in your 30 days starts over.

That depends on your location, talk to your B/A

Ups512local

A FRIEND OF MINE WHO HAS BEEN
"LAID OFF" ON DAY 28 OF DRIVING. WONTS TO KNOW HOW LONG CAN MANAGEMENT BASICALY HOLD OUT ON LETTING HIM REACH SENIORITY? I'M ON DAY 11 AND IT SEEMS TO ME THEY ONLY HOLDING OUT ON HIM SO THEY CAN TRAIN NEW DRIVERS AND PLUSE THEY WAS NOT KEEPING UP WITH HIS BOOK AND PROGRESSION DUE TO HIS ORS BEING ON VACATION ITS BEEN A WEEK NO WORK SHOULD HE GET THE UNION INVOLVED OR WAIT IT OUT?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I'm my area, it's 30 driving days in a 90 day period. Probably no reason to panic yet.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
"LAID OFF" ON DAY 28 OF DRIVING. WONTS TO KNOW HOW LONG CAN MANAGEMENT BASICALY HOLD OUT ON LETTING HIM REACH SENIORITY? I'M ON DAY 11 AND IT SEEMS TO ME THEY ONLY HOLDING OUT ON HIM SO THEY CAN TRAIN NEW DRIVERS AND PLUSE THEY WAS NOT KEEPING UP WITH HIS BOOK AND PROGRESSION DUE TO HIS ORS BEING ON VACATION ITS BEEN A WEEK NO WORK SHOULD HE GET THE UNION INVOLVED OR WAIT IT OUT?
Why are you yelling?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Do you know how to unlock CAPS?

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock

Bro, we heard you

thaliloldsup

NE Division
IMG_0179.JPG

Ups512local

My bad my bad .. He got dq today basically they said cuz of his breaks they found some stops completed during.he got better everyday and I don't understand he was safe hit there numbers a couple of times. They told him apply for cover. And Saturday air and they will bring him back n peak season. Basically for free to help .. Should he grivance ? Here some facts his route got changed a entire week due to a railroad being closed cutting half his route so they added a new area he did not know his numbers got bad a hour over hour and a half over and when his route Went back to normal he was like 23 clicks over starched twice his last week. Also his ors has been on vacation 2weeks during his progression . I told him to fight it but what do I know I'm on day 10 . headed toward the same Faith!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
My bad my bad .. He got dq today basically they said cuz of his breaks they found some stops completed during.he got better everyday and I don't understand he was safe hit there numbers a couple of times. They told him apply for cover. And Saturday air and they will bring him back n peak season. Basically for free to help .. Should he grivance ? Here some facts his route got changed a entire week due to a railroad being closed cutting half his route so they added a new area he did not know his numbers got bad a hour over hour and a half over and when his route Went back to normal he was like 23 clicks over starched twice his last week. Also his ors has been on vacation 2weeks during his progression . I told him to fight it but what do I know I'm on day 10 . headed toward the same Faith!
How did one closure fundamentally change his route? We expand your area during qualifying. If you're doing the same thing Day 28 as Day 1, well yeah you suck.

He can grieve it, but he isn't going to win with the working through lunch thing.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
How did one closure fundamentally change his route? We expand your area during qualifying. If you're doing the same thing Day 28 as Day 1, well yeah you suck.

He can grieve it, but he isn't going to win with the working through lunch thing.
Didn't you listen? He starched it twice! Lmfao.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

*Fate

Brisket