Laid off during 30 days!?

Ups512local

Can he do feeders cover driver ? Even if he had been disqualified from package? His plan was to go feeders after his 30 days Anyway. With the need for over 50 drivers in the Jacksonville hub I don't see why they disqualifying drivers over numbers .. He really has nothing to lose he only been in the hub a year and some months. So I say grievance it. Win or lose Right? Or should he ask for his probationary to be rest if possibly?

542thruNthru

When u say we Ohh you a sup .. !

Whoa nothing gets by this guy!

tenor.gif

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Can he do feeders cover driver ? Even if he had been disqualified from package? His plan was to go feeders after his 30 days Anyway. With the need for over 50 drivers in the Jacksonville hub I don't see why they disqualifying drivers over numbers .. He really has nothing to lose he only been in the hub a year and some months. So I say grievance it. Win or lose Right? Or should he ask for his probationary to be rest if possibly?
IMG_5513.GIF

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
They may have other reasons for the washout. If his numbers were on par, they'd know that and wouldn't want to go through training a replacement. If he's showing stops on lunch during training, and they already didn't want him, it's just the reason they're using.

Everyone cuts corners during their qualification. Usually you'd do things like sort on lunch, get your bulk in order etc. That's harder to verify unless you're being monitored closely.

If he got caught recording work, they might be concerned he's prone to cut too many corners for their liking.

If he was squeaky clean, and was following his training, yes I'd grieve it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just because they need 50 drivers does not mean that you still don't have to qualify.

Feeders promoted "in house" need to be a qualified package car driver with at least one year experience.

Ups512local

Just because they need 50 drivers does not mean that you still don't have to qualify.

Feeders promoted "in house" need to be a qualified package car driver with at least one year experience.

They are putting people in class for feeders no package car. Straight out the hub just sending them to get there endorsements . they need just as many feeder drivers . and cover drivers as package car.

Mike86

So you are saying that they failed him for taking lunch while recording. Is this like a new rule are something just asking i figured as long as you did not get in any wreaks you are ok amd also bouns and scratch

Ups512local

So you are saying that they failed him for taking lunch while recording. Is this like a new rule are something just asking i figured as long as you did not get in any wreaks you are ok amd also bouns and scratch

They said he had some stops in his break He didt wait a minute after or before .. Said he should have but didt run starch 5 times with in 10 days "never heard that one before" they said this but didt show him telimatics . also said he was driving during some of his breaks "which they never said you could not do" he had no follow ups with the sup his last 9days the center manger dq him said their boss would not allow them to make him full time package car driver. The union rep for the drivers told him file a grievance with his regular shop steward from his normal shift. I spoke with a Saturday air driver that got dq on my route said he could starch the route I'm on did it twice n they dq him filed a grievance 6months later still have not heard nothing back ..

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
In my area yes. In fact several of our feeder cover drivers were pt'ers from the car wash or preload. They're two totally separate things.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Your 30 days is suppose to be consecutive without any breaks.

It should be to give a new employee a fair chance of qualifying. It is easier to work 30 straight days than to work 14, forget a few things, or get out of the rhythm, and then do another week.

Everytime they lay your off or you call in your 30 days starts over.

Incorrect.

Not if no package driver signs the feeder intent sheet. In most places, it then opens up to all non package drivers, including PTers.

They are putting people in class for feeders no package car. Straight out the hub just sending them to get there endorsements . they need just as many feeder drivers . and cover drivers as package car.

Yep. In areas where not enough package drivers are interested in feeders.