latest contract info....

teamsterdan

according to the website makeupsdeliver.org the national master agreement will be ratified pending the re-negotiation of 3 supplemental agreements....according to them the contract cannot be officially ratified until all supplements are ratified.......of the new contract language I particularly enjoy ARTICLE 17.......since I could tell you first hand abt. the current attitude regarding payroll.....(having been recently OVERPAID for 3 weeks) and was told by more than one supervisor......"not to worry abt. it"...........my co-workers had similar sentiments, I told all of them "I'm betting ups will figure out a way to fire me, for NOT notifying them" they all found it kinda funny.....not anymore I guess......and as long as I'm ranting.......I voted no to this proposal for a variety of reasons among them being it's laden w/ "givebacks" and it's not empty rhetoric either.......this is the 4th contract in my 15yrs.......and is literally the reverse of things won in past contracts........I know healthcare and pensions were "strengthed"......but thats not a guarantee regardless of who (UPS OR teamsters) runs the pensions or controls the healthcare funds......the ONLY guarantee we ever get is our current actual wage increases........:censored2::censored2::censored2: my brothers and sisters AGREED to have our ANNUAL wage increase be less than is deserved, but to have it broken down to twice a yr is un-freaking believable.........it's not even a well negotiated proposal.....why would you not leave the current wage increase alone and make all the NF's get their raise twice a yr.........guess that's all for now........and BTW i'm well aware that I can leave @ anytime and since it's $$ I seek, the 20k bonus offered to me by the army to re-up is looking like a better deal........ allons

Griff

They will come after the overpaid amount eventually. They will ask for it all back, after you've already paid taxes on it (not right). It happened to me years ago and there's nothing you can do but notify your center manager/sup, make sure you get it in writing that they are aware of the problem.

teamsterdan

(griff) my mgt. team will never put anything in writing.......they barely admit to the sky being blue.........my anger rages on and I apologize to cheryl for posting in the wrong forum......just wanted to post the best part of the agreement nobody ever saw..........nice work gentleman........so don't be surprised when your 35 cent raise is EXACTLY that.......also I see no clause to ensure we get a full .70 raise in 08 if raises come in aug and feb but the FIRST wage increase is in AUG 08..... when do we receive the other .35...........details.........

Section 4 Re-allocations of Contributions/Wages

The Teamsters UPS National Negotiating Committee may re-allocate designated increases in
Health & Welfare and/or pension contributions (HWPC) and/or general wage increases (GWI)
provided in this Agreement in accordance with the following rules:

1. Thirty-five cents ($0.35) of any GWI may be re-allocated as an increased contribution to a
Teamster Pension or Health & Welfare Fund. The re-allocation shall apply to all employees

in a Supplement, Rider or Addendum, as applicable, provided all of the affected employees
(full or part-time, if applicable) are covered by the same Pension or Health & Welfare
Fund.

2. Twenty-five cents ($0.25) of a HWPC may be re-allocated as a GWI. The re-allocation shall
apply to all employees in a Supplement, Rider or Addendum, as applicable, provided all of
the affected employees (full or part-time, if applicable) are covered by the same Pension or
Health & Welfare Fund.

3. Once a re-allocation becomes effective, it may not be changed.