Latest Rumor Mill

It will be fine

I don't understand how giving everyone a random bonus and a raise this year fits into the Profit Improvement Plan at express. The profit margin was only 2% for express in FY14, and that's with aggressive cost cutting. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Part time employee isn't obligated to stay and work longer than their posted schedule. Full time doesn't have to stay either, because no one is home to watch the kids.. pick up the kids.. pick up the wife etc. Any employee asked to work for less pay, will opt to just go home.
I suggest you research the new and updated policy regarding part timers being required to work past their schedule. Per notice posted at my station, part-timers are required to document another job, child or parent care, school, etc., to now be exempt from being "drafted" for up to an additional 2 hours per shift based on operational needs. Be careful about invoking your part time status!

Mindthegap

The sm said today that our payout would be .00645, and that it would be paid out on the July 24th check. Several couriers commenced to holding their breath.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The sm said today that our payout would be .00645, and that it would be paid out on the July 24th check. Several couriers commenced to holding their breath.
The official notice reads .62%. BUT, DON'T FORGET, you are being paid 8 hours for NOT working Saturday Independence Day!

Serf

My salty, RTD pal confirms. It is coming before the end of the month and it is a little more than half a percent. Which for me is about 195$ Now I would never turn down cash, but if this is in lieu of even a 2% bonus in October, I must admit I will be pretty bummed.

hypo hanna

I suggest you research the new and updated policy regarding part timers being required to work past their schedule. Per notice posted at my station, part-timers are required to document another job, child or parent care, school, etc., to now be exempt from being "drafted" for up to an additional 2 hours per shift based on operational needs. Be careful about invoking your part time status!
Not a word about this at my location. Was this notice signed? Was it by someone higher up like Memphis HR?