Lay the Blame Where it Belongs.....The Members.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don’t think I have ever seen anyone beat their own chest and gloat as much as you have over this subject. In my opinion, you are the sorriest “winner” I have ever seen. Why are you so happy about this? You’re like a child that stomped their feet for a candybar and the sucker parent gave it to you at the supermarket.
Reminds me of someone else that once frequented this site.

Imchar1

It was every Teamsters' responsibility to vote and more importantly ; to get out the vote.

I know many Brown Cafe people did the best they could.

When are people going to learn???

I blame union leaders. They were either grossly negligent or intentionally fraudulent by not telling members this was a last best final offer. You shills sold us out. Among other things you have condemned the next generation of drivers to low pay poor working condions and an anti family work schedule and no protections. Quit acting like you own the moral high ground. You shills sold us out.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You're chasing ghosts. Have you ever been involved in your local union officer elections? Give that a try and your questions will be answered.

The process isn't the issue.

Eligible voters are members current with dues. The IBT (as one would assume) keeps a close eye on this. Anyone not current gets flagged (off work for a month could affect eligibility) and their ballots are then checked for eligibility before being counted. That's why the outer envelopes must have member names on them.

Candidates (elections) and interested parties (contracts) have rights to observe the entire process including questioning eligibility of any ballot, mailing and counting.

Very few ballots (% wise) are questioned. If the decision is close enough that challenged ballots could impact the results, additional efforts are made to determine eligibility.

Your local union could have elections this fall. Might be a good opportunity to learn.

Chasing ghosts? Hah, good one. Just what I'd expect to hear from a mindless union drone when I'm actually on to something. Where does it say the process is the same for elections and contract votes? I know the rules for eligibility for elections, you may need a refresher based on this post.

I have yet to find the rules for contract voter eligibility, or a bylaw stating election eligibility and contract vote eligibility are the same, which isn't to say they don't exist. If it is outlined in local charters/by-laws, fine, say so, I am still digging, and that's one of few places I haven't looked yet. You may want to learn a little about legal challenges. Contracts and governing documents are challenged all the time based on poorly written language. Something like this could actually prompt real change.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I blame union leaders. They were either grossly negligent or intentionally fraudulent by not telling members this was a last best final offer. You shills sold us out. Among other things you have condemned the next generation of drivers to low pay poor working condions and an anti family work schedule and no protections. Quit acting like you own the moral high ground. You shills sold us out.
The union leadership really did us wrong. There is no denying that.

Bottom line ......it just comes down that WE SCREWED UP!

The members ARE the Union. We screwed up. Own it , learn from it, .......improve.

EVOLVE or WE DIE! we will be finished before long if we don't learn and try to make things better. I fear it is too late. You can't wait for better leadership. It is and was up to everyone of us and we dropped the ball.

I truly fear for all your futures.

BrownRecycler

People can't complain about not receiving a ballot, when they had almost

a month.... to request a duplicate.

You don't understand. If the local refuses or make excuse for why they can't send ballot out, they don't get it. This is the other avenue that I am looking at.

The number of Teamster members doesn't equal to voter because of voter suppression. And, Teamster list them as eligible voter? Come on!

JustDeliverIt

I blame the leaders, but it's hard to blame them for language that is readily available like the constitution. My fault with them lies in their interpretation that they have to ratify the master and supplements because of the language. In 2013, with the same leadership and constitution, the renegotiated first. Their interpretation took them back to the table. Suddenly, this vote comes down, and they have to ratify. Bull:censored2:. Wether it's because of the huge pension bump (which is my guess) or outside payouts or promises (none of which will probably ever be proven if so) they made the decision to go against their own past practices and ratify an agreement they didn't have to, they chose to. And against the will of the voting majority on top of it.

Inthegame

Chasing ghosts? Hah, good one. Just what I'd expect to hear from a mindless union drone when I'm actually on to something.
Mindless union drone?

Not trying to argue with you but if I was, my experience has been when the insults start, I've already won.

But by all means, if you think you're "on to something" go full steam ahead.

To your eligibility question, you could call (202) 624-6800 and ask for the IBT Legal Dept.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

The members ARE the Union. We screwed up. Own it , learn from it, .......improve.

EVOLVE or WE DIE! we will be finished before long if we don't learn and try to make things better. I fear it is too late. You can't wait for better leadership. It is and was up to everyone of us and we dropped the ball.

You still dancing?

F

Frankie's Friend

Who is "we"? Aren't you retired?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Mindless union drone?

Not trying to argue with you but if I was, my experience has been when the insults start, I've already won.

But by all means, if you think you're "on to something" go full steam ahead.

To your eligibility question, you could call (202) 624-6800 and ask for the IBT Legal Dept.

I didn't call you a mindless union drone, just said that what you said is what I would expect a mindless union drone to say. If you want to own the title, I won't stop you.

brown_trousers

DO YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE YOUR VOTE MATTERS IN ANYTHING AT THE TEAMSTERS AFTER WHAT HAS BEEN DONE?

I mean no offense trousers but Jesus, you can not be this dense!

Who's being dense?

How do you think our current leadership came to be? Was it by our votes? We were the ones who put them into power

Do you believe that Hoffa would impose this contract if we had a 2/3 majority vote? I don't think he would. It was by our votes, or lack thereof, that this contract ratifies.

Sorry, but I don't buy into this "I didn't get my way, so I'm going to blame others" mentality.