Let's act like we care

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Lmao

What a joke

There probably isn’t another company in existence that acts so negatively aggressive towards hourly employees
That’s why they get the backlash that they do....you treat me with respect then I will do the same and then some... you treat me like sht and I WILL treat you the same...AND THEN SOME....!!

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
I was delivering to a business and overheard the boss taking a sick call from an employee...”take off as much time as you need. Hope you feel better. Get some rest.” I almost forgot it wasn’t normal to get your job threatened if you’re human and get the flu.
I like when you call in sick and they tell you that you have to come in, we don’t have anyone to run your route.....lmao. Not my problem goodbye

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I was delivering to a business and overheard the boss taking a sick call from an employee...”take off as much time as you need. Hope you feel better. Get some rest.” I almost forgot it wasn’t normal to get your job threatened if you’re human and get the flu.
Contrary to most ups mgt most other jobs are pretty cordial... including union shops....the company has made a business decision to treat people like sht and I think it actually costs them money in the end...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I always find it funny about how the supes act like they care about us. Yell at me if I don't check out after doing 195 stops in less than 8 hours and need to get home early that night, but I could drag those same 195 stops out over 10 hours and you'd be happy with me? D*s.
that's part of the problem right there. they know you can do it and more in 8 hours . that's why they load you guys up, especially on fridays. you guys are your own worse enemies.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I like when you call in sick and they tell you that you have to come in, we don’t have anyone to run your route.....lmao. Not my problem goodbye
But they can bust out routes 15 minutes before start time or send guys out cold 3 times a week.. they sure in hell dont have a problem with that...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
that's part of the problem right there. they know you can do it and more in 8 hours . that's why they load you guys up, especially on fridays. you guys are your own worse enemies.
Our union could shut that sht down pretty much overnight... they don’t gaf though..

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
100% true story

Had a 3 day lock in a few years ago

July. 100 degrees out

They spent 10 minutes in the PCM babbling on and on about how much they cared about us. Make sure you hydrate. Me and sup are out on road. We get ready to pull away from a stop and I took a good 60 seconds to hydrate. Taking gulps. Swallowing. Really enjoying that cold water. Sup looks at me all butthurt and says that’s enough. You’ve hydrated enough. Let’s go. Then when I pull away he goes I want you to floor it, till you get up to the speed limit. We just wasted 60 seconds of you hydrating. Now make that time up.

:censored2: that

ManInBrown

Lol. Called off one time and they send me down ti the sups office. Dispatcher answers and I tell him won’t be in, and he hits me with “but but we need you. You’re routes real light today” laughed and hung up.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I know you are on vacation but could you come in and help us out. At the same time they gave other drivers the day off.
They are scammers.... there are two faces of ups.. the “public” face and the “internal” face... if the general public knew what goes on here they would be amazed... I have gotten people I know jobs here and they were pretty Disgusted with the company a few months in... I warn them all what happens here and many didn’t believe me...most didn’t last more than 1 year...

Last edited:

Rack em

Made the Podium
They are scammers.... there are two faces of ups.. the “public” face and the “internal” face... if the general public knew what goes on here they would be amazed... I have gotten people I know jobs here and they were pretty Disgusted with the company a few months in... I warn them all what happens here and many didn’t believe me...most didn’t last more than 1 year...
My buddy's brother in law told me before I started I wouldn't last 2 weeks. He still owes me a paycheck over that bet!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
ya they care all right. they tried to call me in on my birthday day off . i told them i had had a couple drinks with my dinner and they said that's okay , by the time you come in ( about an hour ) you'll be legal.

i still said no. the supe was sore at me for about 10 years since he had to cover that feeder run.

:censored2: him. it still makes me smile when i think of it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My buddy's brother in law told me before I started I wouldn't last 2 weeks. He still owes me a paycheck over that bet!
Call him out on that!! A few people stay but everyone I got on are onto greener pastures and doing better than they would if were still here.

Last edited:

GenericUsername

They know damn well what I can do and what I can't do. Throwing me on the route I was on Friday in the truck I was in was complete BS. I still pulled out 25 an hour in a standard built in the early 80s to get where I needed to be. Ooooh well, I'm sure I'll hear about it tomorrow morning!