Let's act like we care

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I think it comes down to 2 basic things... dignity and respect....and that goes for both sides of the job, labor and mgt. Unfortunately the structure of this company makes that damn near impossible... when you micromanage things down to a knats ass and put so much effort and resources into making grown men and women faceless “machines” then there’s always going to be problems ...google “10 ways to know if you work at a horrible job” OR “10 ways to know if you are managed by a terrible boss”... and you will find ups fits into 7 out of 10 of those points...try it. Sure, a job is a job and isn’t always peaches and cream but there are some major underlying issues here that other companies don’t deal with and that’s a problem..
i don't know how long you have been with the company but i was there almost 23 years. It NEVER got better. It always got a little worse every year.

I think it is unrealistic to believe things will EVER get better. You will just be beating your head against the wall and creating more STRESS for yourself.

It took me a long time to figure how to deal with UPS. I got a lot of great advice from ol timers.

DON"T CARE!!!!

Maximize the benefits you can get from the company, whether it is educational bennies, financial , healthcare , or whatever you can get. Once i realized that UPS did not care about me or my family , my stress level went way down. It is not a family , it's a business. And I treated my job as a business and took advantage of everything the company offered me .

We retired very well off. ( knock on wood ) I can understand a lot of people's frustrations. You want the company to care. You want the company to be family.

It's not gonna happen. The sooner you realize this , the better off you'll be.

F

Frankie's Friend

You have said in previous posts that you wouldn’t urinate in a bottle... but you would whip it out on the side of the road and go????
Its hard for him to squat over a bottle...But...
In a ditch he may trade crotch crickets for chiggers.

F

Frankie's Friend

There have been drivers harassed with and without a supervisor with them about using the bathroom AT a delivery or pickup stop... its absolutely disgusting that this issue even still comes up... like a broken record....theres nobody I know who’s employer would call them out on using the bathroom... or ask them why it took 3 minutes to use the restroom.... none... except the people I know who work here. And that’s :censored2:ing embarrassing to admit to that....
A steward at another ups facility told me a part timer asked to be relieved to use the restroom but the stupe said no...wait. Wait. Wait.
So finally, the part timer urinated down his pant leg, soaking himself.
They paid his guarantee and sent him home.
The next time any employee needed to use the restroom the company complied.
Disgusting yes.
Effective yes.

Dhydratd

A steward at another ups facility told me a part timer asked to be relieved to use the restroom but the stupe said no...wait. Wait. Wait.
Disgusting yes.
Effective yes.
I can believe your story, but I'll be damned if I would piss myself! I would have gone to the restroom and filed a grievance if I received any kind of retribution.

F

Frankie's Friend

I can believe your story, but I'll be damned if I would piss myself! I would have gone to the restroom and filed a grievance if I received any kind of retribution.
Same here. But its kinda funny as long as it wasnt me.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Disgusting yes.
Effective yes.
It’s disgusting all around...

F

Frankie's Friend

He could've poured his drinking water down his pants. It was summertime. I remember 1 guy on preload peed into a floor grate.
That didnt go over so well. Lol

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Disgusting yes.
Effective yes.

We had a part timer that was told the same thing. He whipped his dick out and urinated on a bunch of packages. He was fired and got his job back

OrionsBitch

Not...
It’s just interesting that the same kinds of sht is happening all over the place... this stuff isn’t a one off sort of thing... understaffing and egress problems, not enough trucks and routes being run.... this is a nationwide problem.... why isn’t anything being done about it.... it’s all being covered up... all of it.. smoke and mirrors
Its mostly because when people find out how much they make they lose all sympothy.

Pay never justifies :censored2:ty treatment.

ixtab

Come on Wilson. We’re all a team. Be a team player
Lmao.....there might not be an “I” in team but there is an M and E!!

Hell yeah!
20140316_024103000_iOS.jpg