Let's act like we care

Heavy Package

if the general public knew what goes on here they would be amazed... I have gotten people I know jobs here and they were pretty Disgusted with the company a few months in...

I will never recommend UPS as a place of employment to anyone. If they want it they can apply like I did and find out if it's for them or not.

I have in-laws in their 20's doing jack :censored3:it saying they are going to "school" etc. etc. I tell them about the benefit and tuition reimbursement at UPS, all different shifts available, etc. and about the hard work, and they just shrug their shoulders and give me a blank stare that millennial's do. NO ONE wants to work hard anymore for anything. It's pathetic.

Blackadder 2

100% true story

Had a 3 day lock in a few years ago

July. 100 degrees out

They spent 10 minutes in the PCM babbling on and on about how much they cared about us. Make sure you hydrate. Me and sup are out on road. We get ready to pull away from a stop and I took a good 60 seconds to hydrate. Taking gulps. Swallowing. Really enjoying that cold water. Sup looks at me all butthurt and says that’s enough. You’ve hydrated enough. Let’s go. Then when I pull away he goes I want you to floor it, till you get up to the speed limit. We just wasted 60 seconds of you hydrating. Now make that time up.

They will also give you crap over using the bathroom to much when you stay hydrated.

F

Frankie's Friend

It’s just interesting that the same kinds of sht is happening all over the place... this stuff isn’t a one off sort of thing... understaffing and egress problems, not enough trucks and routes being run.... this is a nationwide problem.... why isn’t anything being done about it.... it’s all being covered up... all of it.. smoke and mirrors
Hoffa's gonna fix it.

F

Frankie's Friend

What is she referring to when she said “UPS wouldn’t let me go without a fight?”

Perhaps she was trying to take a day off because her kid was sick.

Perhaps she was heading to the DOL because some sup docked her time card.

Perhaps she was heading to the doctor for a injury sustained at work, for a second opinion.

Things like that don’t happen, right?
ICE was at the guard shack.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The best thing about UPS for us was the healthcare and the money for college for the children. None of my children would work for this company after seeing what I had to go through.

I told all of them "Life's too short" , find something you enjoy and have a happy life. Fortunately , they heeded our advice and all have careers they enjoy.

In the end it was worth it for me for the children. without them I would not have done it. Now that I am retired I love life like never before. However I do regard my career of over 20 years as a "sentence"

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The best thing about UPS for us was the healthcare and the money for college for the children. None of my children would work for this company after seeing what I had to go through.

I told all of them "Life's too short" , find something you enjoy and have a happy life. Fortunately , they heeded our advice and all have careers they enjoy.

In the end it was worth it for me for the children. without them I would not have done it. Now that I am retired I love life like never before. However I do regard my career of over 20 years as a "sentence"
I think it comes down to 2 basic things... dignity and respect....and that goes for both sides of the job, labor and mgt. Unfortunately the structure of this company makes that damn near impossible... when you micromanage things down to a knats ass and put so much effort and resources into making grown men and women faceless “machines” then there’s always going to be problems ...google “10 ways to know if you work at a horrible job” OR “10 ways to know if you are managed by a terrible boss”... and you will find ups fits into 7 out of 10 of those points...try it. Sure, a job is a job and isn’t always peaches and cream but there are some major underlying issues here that other companies don’t deal with and that’s a problem..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Only if you make a special stop to do so. This is why I try to take advantage of the public restrooms at delivery stops.
There have been drivers harassed with and without a supervisor with them about using the bathroom AT a delivery or pickup stop... its absolutely disgusting that this issue even still comes up... like a broken record....theres nobody I know who’s employer would call them out on using the bathroom... or ask them why it took 3 minutes to use the restroom.... none... except the people I know who work here. And that’s :censored2:ing embarrassing to admit to that....

El Correcto

god is dead
They are scammers.... there are two faces of ups.. the “public” face and the “internal” face... if the general public knew what goes on here they would be amazed... I have gotten people I know jobs here and they were pretty Disgusted with the company a few months in... I warn them all what happens here and many didn’t believe me...most didn’t last more than 1 year...
This is too true. I’ve suggested three people who need a job badly apply. All got the job and all gone within 2 months. None went driving or cared to stick around for it.

I’m already institutionalized, I’m too used to the yelling and threats to go work somewhere else. It’d just be too boring.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This is too true. I’ve suggested three people who need a job badly apply. All got the job and all gone within 2 months. None went driving or cared to stick around for it.

I’m already institutionalized, I’m too used to the yelling and threats to go work somewhere else. It’d just be too boring.
Some have made a game out of it... totally backfired in the company’s face...

Dr.Brownz

There have been drivers harassed with and without a supervisor with them about using the bathroom AT a delivery or pickup stop... its absolutely disgusting that this issue even still comes up... like a broken record....theres nobody I know who’s employer would call them out on using the bathroom... or ask them why it took 3 minutes to use the restroom.... none... except the people I know who work here. And that’s :censored2:ing embarrassing to admit to that....

The sups must feel small when they realize there job is to harass someone for pooping.