Let's act like we care

Rack em

Made the Podium
All him out on that!! A few people stay but everyone I got on are onto greener pastures and doing better than they would if were still here.
I wouldn't suggest this job to anyone I know. Not only is it a solid 7+ year wait to go driving at our center, but our preload is fubar. They got the belt going so fast that the loaders don't have enough time to even stack out.

PT Car Washer

All him out on that!! A few people stay but everyone I got on are onto greener pastures and doing better than they would if were still here.
How many companies actually want to make the job so difficult you want to quit after the first day? Maybe the US Marines basic training or US Army basic. But at least if you succeed at either you have something to be proud of.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I wouldn't suggest this job to anyone I know. Not only is it a solid 7+ year wait to go driving at our center, but our preload is fubar. They got the belt going so fast that the loaders don't have enough time to even stack out.
It’s a joke... I would love to see an outside company come in here and consult ups on their practices.... would be fun to present at the meetings where the consultants told ups the employee relations feedback they got from everyone...

DoPushUPS

Precisely how preload is at my hub. It's a :censored2: show. Love when they talk about egress at PCM. Safety standards and their production expectations can't coexist. They know it, too. PCMs piss me off because they know it's bull:censored2:. All a facade.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It’s just interesting that the same kinds of sht is happening all over the place... this stuff isn’t a one off sort of thing... understaffing and egress problems, not enough trucks and routes being run.... this is a nationwide problem.... why isn’t anything being done about it.... it’s all being covered up... all of it.. smoke and mirrors

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
It’s just interesting that the same kinds of sht is happening all over the place... this stuff isn’t a one off sort of thing... understaffing and egress problems, not enough trucks and routes being run.... this is a nationwide problem.... why isn’t anything being done about it.... it’s all being covered up... all of it.. smoke and mirrors
giphy.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
100% true story

Had a 3 day lock in a few years ago

July. 100 degrees out

They spent 10 minutes in the PCM babbling on and on about how much they cared about us. Make sure you hydrate. Me and sup are out on road. We get ready to pull away from a stop and I took a good 60 seconds to hydrate. Taking gulps. Swallowing. Really enjoying that cold water. Sup looks at me all butthurt and says that’s enough. You’ve hydrated enough. Let’s go. Then when I pull away he goes I want you to floor it, till you get up to the speed limit. We just wasted 60 seconds of you hydrating. Now make that time up.

Reminds me of my first day on delivery. Hotter than hell. About an hour into training the suit riding with me watches me through a big window make a delivery to a bank. I stop on the way out to gulp a few mouths full of water out of a water fountain. When I get back outside he says to me--"the first time I turn you loose on your own you go to hell on me". What a company.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Reminds me of my first day on delivery. Hotter than hell. About an hour into training the suit riding with me watches me through a big window make a delivery to a bank. I stop on the way out to gulp a few mouths full of water out of a water fountain. When I get back outside he says to me--"the first time I turn you loose on your own you go to hell on me". What a company.
Sounds like you guys had it tough back then...

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What is she referring to when she said “UPS wouldn’t let me go without a fight?”

Perhaps she was trying to take a day off because her kid was sick.

Perhaps she was heading to the DOL because some sup docked her time card.

Perhaps she was heading to the doctor for a injury sustained at work, for a second opinion.

Things like that don’t happen, right?

Thegameisrigged

My ups family center manager bitched at me the other day for leaving my work area to refill my water bottle.

He approached me with a steward and said I needed to get "enough" water so I don't have to leave my work area and get more. I told him if I need to get water I'm going to get water. He pulled the are you saying "no" to me card and I said no I understand and headed back to my area

When I clocked out I got a grievance form, filled it out, and after about 15 minutes of my steward trying to talk me out of it I told him I wasn't intimidated and I am going to file this. When my steward showed my center manager the form the dude read it then back peddled and said. "I only wanted you to use the water fountain closer to your work area"

My ups family my ass
See what I mean? Lol

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Who fing says that to an employee...nothing but scrubs many of them... pathetic people