Life at Brown during the 08 market crash

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Rewally?
Your 401k started going up in the first quarter 2009 ... you lost 40% or more the previous year,
I'd have to look up the specifics, but I just meant my contributions went up around the time of the crash. I maxed out for a while. IIRC the DJIA was around 6,000 for a time...hard to believe it's been 10 years...

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

iGate is the knowledge repository for UPS; it has methods, standard practices, master operating plans, building diagrams, work measurements, training and reports

it has or used to have the answer for almost anything a supervisor needed to know to run his operation like an intelligent person, if he wanted; a lot of that info is still there, but not being consistently updated to stay relevant, and certainly not referenced and shown to the ops to have a good impact

i know this info is wasted on you but maybe someone else will find it interesting

oldngray

nowhere special
iGate is the knowledge repository for UPS; it has methods, standard practices, master operating plans, building diagrams, work measurements, training and reports

it has or used to have the answer for almost anything a supervisor needed to know to run his operation like an intelligent person, if he wanted; a lot of that info is still there, but not being consistently updated to stay relevant, and certainly not referenced and shown to the ops to have a good impact

i know this info is wasted on you but maybe someone else will find it interesting

iGate is the Borg?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
it has or used to have the answer for almost anything asupervisor needed to know torun his operation like anintelligent person, if hewanted

I think that's a stretch

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

All I know is feeders brings boxes, preloaders try to cram it in my p 1000 with multiple misloads, nda is attempted to be put in section one but ultimately is also behind truck. I'm required to verify air before I leave and deliver it all on time after leaving bldg at 930 with 20 air stops. I do my 11 hour day and it starts over the next day. That manual you think matters is under a bunch of crap in supply closet

Catatonic

Nine Lives
All I know is feeders brings boxes, preloaders try to cram it in my p 1000 with multiple misloads, nda is attempted to be put in section one but ultimately is also behind truck. I'm required to verify air before I leave and deliver it all on time after leaving bldg at 930 with 20 air stops. I do my 11 hour day and it starts over the next day. That manual you think matters is under a bunch of crap in supply closet
I told him it was wasted on you.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

I told him it was wasted on you.

Especially since he claims to be retired.

542thruNthru

More than usual?
More financial choices and living above one's means is about the only way an employed UPS should lose their house.
Gamblers lose all the time.

Well housing costs out here are very high. You need two incomes to be able to buy a house usually. So when the spouse would lose their job it was usually a few months after they would lose the home. Hard to pay for a 4 bedroom 600k home on one income.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
how would you know any of that, if someone hadn't taught it to you from that manual?