Limited License driving

upstmster

What the hell is a limited license? And where do I get one?
In Pennsylvania(and some other states) if you're license is suspended you are issued a limited license that allows you to drive an employer owned vehicle for employment purposes.

Here is the section out of the Pa. DMV code book section 3805:

(friend) Employment exemption.--If a person with a restricted license is required in the course and scope of employment to drive, operate or be in actual physical control of the movement of a motor vehicle owned by the person's employer, the following apply:

(1) Except as set forth in paragraph (2), the person may drive, operate or be in actual physical control of the movement of that motor vehicle in the course and scope of employment without installation of an ignition interlock system if:

(i) the employer has been notified that the employee is restricted; and

(ii) the employee has proof of the notification in the employee's possession while driving, operating or being in actual physical control of the movement of the employer's motor vehicle. Proof of the notification may be established only by the notarized signature of the employer acknowledging notification on a form which shall be provided by the department for this purpose and shall include a contact telephone number of the employer

upstmster

What’d ya do?
Unfortunately I got a DUI and just got my license back but as restricted, must have a breathalyzer in my personal vehicle but as I said there is an exemption for work that allows to drive employer vehicles without one. In the master contract Article 16 section 3.3 it states that once you receive your license back or a limited license that you are to be returned to your driving position once cleared by the SAP(which i have been).

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Have you gone through the SAP program? If so, you should be allowed to drive again once you have the return to work phone call.

Unfortunately I got a DUI and just got my license back but as restricted, must have a breathalyzer in my personal vehicle but as I said there is an exemption for work that allows to drive employer vehicles without one. In the master contract Article 16 section 3.3 it states that once you receive your license back or a limited license that you are to be returned to your driving position once cleared by the SAP(which i have been).
So how many DUIs have you had so far?
They usually don't attach one of those on a first offense

rod

Retired 22 years
Around here they also issue you a "Whiskey" license plate on your 2nd DUI. It gives the cops permission to pull you over and give you a breathalyzer test without any reason at anytime.

JJinVA

I was told they wouldnt hire any drivers who had a dui or wreckless driving within the last 3 years. Or any moving violation within the last year

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
When it comes to multi DUI's NO probable cause needed to stop you if you have Whisky plates. Its either agree to that or you forfeit all driving privileges.

I read up on "Whiskey Plates". Seems pretty friend'd up since the plates are attached to the vehicle regardless of the Driver.
Cops still need a reason to pull you over. Of course, they'll lie and make up a reason....