Listen up rookie package car drivers!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While they are standing there, that is stealing time???? You're joking right?

We all know that the more contact that you have with the consignee the longer the stop is going to take. DR MC takes 5-10 seconds. Signature is at least 30 if not closer to 60 seconds.

I'll admit that "stealing time" was a bit over the top.

DorkHead

in the BIG city where i live there are not many honest people... the runner and gunners have the most claims and mess up trips where the WHOLE NEIGHBORHHOD IS now a code 4 and u cant even dr!! GET YOUR SIGNATURES IT ONLY HELPS YOU AND YOU WILL GET LESS STOPS!! AND TO THE IDIOT WHO SAYS U CAN GET FIRED.....HAHAHA I BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS I STILL DR BUT ONLY IF NOBODY IS HOME AND ITS SAFE N OUT OF SIGHT OUT OF WEATHER!!! I CAN COUNT THE CLAIMS I HAD ON ONE HAND OVER ALL THESE MILLIONS OF COMPLETED STOPS!!

Very bad advice and I doubt you have completed "millions of stops".

article22

Banned
Very bad advice and I doubt you have completed "millions of stops".

sorry dork i was a little off on my math 768,000 stops so far n i can count the claims on one hand!! never had a warning letter and im highly paid OVER

Last edited by a moderator:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
sorry dork i was a little off on my math 768,000 stops so far n i can count the claims on one hand!! never had a warning letter and im highly paid OVER

How can you be paid over when you are padding your planned day be getting signatures? MCM is in the DIAD for a reason.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I always thought MC was met customer heard a sup say made contact the other day. No relevance at all just different I thought.

article22

Banned
How can you be paid over when you are padding your planned day be getting signatures? MCM is in the DIAD for a reason.
im only over about a half hour a day and i do about 40 stops less per day than the "RUNNER"
i would be an hour over if i didnt go to the tire shop and put the truck up on the lift and add about 10 miles a day

Johney

i would be an hour over if i didnt go to the tire shop and put the truck up on the lift and add about 10 miles a day
I imagine that Telematics report would ...ah, leave them puzzled. Package car drove 10 miles, but didn't move an inch????? I think after that came up twice you'd be out of a job.

kingOFchester

Here once again we have posters who feel as though everything is the same from one center to the next, from one center team to the next, from one zip code to the next.

Several trips that I cover are in area's where not only can you get any drug you desire, but also girls who offer the oldest trade known. Many houses are rented out by the room to anyone who can pay the weekly fee. A large percentage are illegal Mexicans that speak very little English. During the summer you will see many people "sitting on the stoop". I feel it is in the best interest of the shipper, customer and UPS to get a signature when possible. The 30 seconds it takes to get a signature, not 60, is time better spent then doing 5 driver follow ups. Yes, 5...some areas we are being asked to do 5 follow ups.

Also, I have better things to do with my time then to be in the office trying to remember, explain and defend my actions on a missing package do to a MC.

Call it what you want. Stealing, padding.....really don't care. Come to my center, deliver to the area's I deliver, be called into the office and interrogated and then tell me what I am doing wrong.