Listen up rookie package car drivers!!!!

Indecisi0n

OK i guess your right, i wont do it no more! Please dont fire me!

How do you know that "junk mail letter" doesn't have a credit card in there? Maybe they are important medical papers. The truth is you have no idea what it is. So then I would ask, what are you gaining by releasing these packages, you get done faster? So you are willing to risk your job for getting done 1 minute earlier?

ibleedbrown

i have been told by my on car to get sigs if customer is around, also if multiple stops on same block to try and do them all on 1 trip. i'm told these help with time allowance. work as directed.

Indecisi0n

i have been told by my on car to get sigs if customer is around, also if multiple stops on same block to try and do them all on 1 trip. i'm told these help with time allowance. work as directed.

So if a sup tells you to do something that contradicts the methods what do you do?

ibleedbrown

working by the methods is great advice but ur also supposed to work as directed. common sense helps too as situations will always be different from center to center etc etc.

In my center if you meet the customer you hand them the package----no need for a signature unless the shipper requires.

BTW, shippers who use our "Signature Required" stickers but do not spend the money to ship the package "Signature Require" do not get the service upgrade.

You can change them to "signature required" or "adult signature required" in the board. Don't know if they get charged extra or not. Besides don't customers pay for those stickers?

Pkgcar1988

U can not change change a pkg to a signature required pkg in the board. If you can will u please tell me how to do it. I was always told that any commercial address needs a signature...unless the have a sign dr form on file with UPS.

Johney

U can not change change a pkg to a signature required pkg in the board. If you can will u please tell me how to do it. I was always told that any commercial address needs a signature...unless the have a sign dr form on file with UPS.
Yes you can. I haven't done it in quite some time so I can't remember how but it is there.

You can change them to "signature required" or "adult signature required" in the board. Don't know if they get charged extra or not. Besides don't customers pay for those stickers?
I believe it's in the pkg info screen, but will have to look into it mon.

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
How about you just do your job by the book as best you can everyday. Be honest about everything and if you don't like the amount of hours you are working, FILE 9.5 !! That's what it's there for

S

selfcancelsignal

Hey Einstein, Where did i EVER say i sheet air and ground delivered at the same time as 2 stops????? Never did, never will.

As far as getting signature, I am working as directed. The center manager was looking into me paying for the merchandise and questioning my actions and honesty. I will NOT put my self in that position again. Also, keep in mind my center services parts of the "ghetto".

I see why their is so much disdain towards you. I was one of the posters that gave you the benefit of the doubt, but I see I was wrong.
Same thing happened to me in my 1st few months for a misdelivered laptop. file File FILE!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
ARE U TIRED OF THE STOP COUNT GOING UP... ?? LISTEN TO ME AND GET SIGNATURES FOR ANY HOUSE THAT HAS SIGNS OF LIFE!! YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT HOW MUCH IT HELPS!!! I KNOW..you are goinh to say... . "i dont have time to wait for a signature" strap a set on and get more SIGNATURES!! THE BUCK HAS TO STOP HERE!! TRY IT ...COME BACK AND THANK ME LATER....
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE END

Lets deal with reality with this post. First, if a driver obtains signatures in a DR area for no other reason than to increase the "planned day" in attempt to avoid a "split", this is cause for TERMINATION.

The reason?

Obtaining uncessary signatures increases the time allowance per stop and this pumps up the "planned day". If a driver pumps up his planned day to the point where he/she is breaking standard and getting paid "bonus", then a dishonesty case is created.

The company can also discharge you for dishonesty for simply obtaining signatures in a DR area that are NOT required by the shipper.

There was a case I handled where a driver was simply going into the signature screen and typing in the last name of the reciever at each DR stop and then NOT obtaining a signature. Even though he wasnt getting a physical signature, the clarified name alone changed the stop allowance to a signature. It was a glitch in the diad, but it had the same effect of obtaining a signature. His time allowance went up in all his DR areas and he started making bonus each day.

IE caught the act and contacted the center. The driver was fired for dishonesty/theft.

I was able to restore him with an agreement to NEVER do this again.

A driver may get away with obtaining signatures in a DR area for a little while, but once you start making bonus, somebody is going to see that and an investigation will be started.

The OP posted this thought wrecklessly, and NOBODY should follow this advice.

TOS.