Load quality

HardknocksUPSer

How about trying to redesign these trucks, so we can fit all of that big freight in? And don't wait till 10 minutes before start time,to cram all those irregs in!
How in the world can you NOT wait till 10mins before start time to cram the irregs in? If you did cram them in earlier you wouldn't be able to get up to the 1-4000 sections resulting in most likely a mess because others who are sent to help you load aren't goina take the time to walk it through the front of the truck of crawl over the loaded boxes.

How in the world can you NOT wait till 10mins before start time to cram the irregs in? If you did cram them in earlier you wouldn't be able to get up to the 1-4000 sections resulting in most likely a mess because others who are sent to help you load aren't goina take the time to walk it through the front of the truck of crawl over the loaded boxes.
I love those 6 oversized and over weight 8000 packages shoved on the back of my truck. Let me see how many times I can move them out of my way.

griff549

Show me a sup who says this and I'll show you a sup who hasn't delivered a single package in his life, and probably is barely cognizant of the fact that the packages don't just get loaded on the car they have to be unloaded too...
Oh trust me every morning the sups make Dam well sure they tell us if we had any misloads yet the day before it was get everything out of the cages and into the cars but don't stack anything. They are a bunch of contradicting :censored2:s lol

platinum9898

Preload is very difficult. If the loader doesn't know your route then what can you expect? All i ask is put packages all together, not spread out through out the truck...

F

FrigidAdCorrector

As a preloader I would like to share that generally it's the sups fault for the way the truck looks. They had me pull cages yesterday for 2 other pulls a total of 8 cars for the first 1.5-2 hrs of my shift and then decided that I should go start on my own pull of 4 cars who had been barley touched.
I'd be willing to bet they didn't purposely do this. I almost guarantee a few people called out sick. Do you think we like having make people load 8 cars? No. Because it's impossible, will end up looking like crap, and almost certainly will have misloads up the rear. We aren't allowed to do it. But someone has to.

We aren't as cynical as some like to make us out to be.

HardknocksUPSer

I love those 6 oversized and over weight 8000 packages shoved on the back of my truck. Let me see how many times I can move them out of my way.
I understand that you may not like it but that's how you have to have it in order to get the trucks loaded, only solution I've seen to this problem is talking to the driver and letting him tell you where to put it or move it himself (the driver)

thessalonian13

If my loader was on this truck I'd whip him with a newspaper and rub his nose in the load.
For the last 3 years my load is a complete disaster. I have a van route that goes out with 450-650 packages a day. If I were to post a picture of the disaster that is my truck every day I would get fired. LOL I have had several of my big accounts call in national complaints about my load quality.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I understand that you may not like it but that's how you have to have it in order to get the trucks loaded, only solution I've seen to this problem is talking to the driver and letting him tell you where to put it or move it himself (the driver)
Once again, the system doesn't work and is a complete failure like always. Wont ever change unfortunately lol.

wayfair

swollen member
For the last 3 years my load is a complete disaster. I have a van route that goes out with 450-650 packages a day. If I were to post a picture of the disaster that is my truck every day I would get fired. LOL I have had several of my big accounts call in national complaints about my load quality.

funny, did you think those walls of packages were gonna stand up the whole time?