Local 177 Election

AND U THINK "TIMEFORCHANGE" HAS??????? ask them a question, see if you get an answer let alone an honest one! and maybe ur "pride and arrogance" that you feel you receive from union officals is because it's what YOU give to them. they deal with UPS and their arrogance and always hold their members best interest at heart; yet they are never do the BEST in everyone's eyes because you ALL want MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!! TAKE WHAT YOU GET AND BE HAPPY! BE HAPPY THAT YOU EVEN HAVE A JOB...BE HAPPY THAT YOU HAVE PEOPLE WILLING TO PUT UP A FIGHT!!! and apparently you don't watch tv and listen to all the US campaigns going on -- "other than enlighten ppl as to why they should not vote for the opposition" IS WHAT EVERYONE RUNNING IN A ELECTION REGARDLESS OF WHAT KIND DOES!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope to god YOU never run for anything!
Sounds like a typical current E Board style of response. Don't worry I am used to it. What you are saying is not true. While the time4change slate has not run a perfect campaign they clearly have explained their plan for bringing electronic accountablity to the Hall. The current board tries to evade accountability on difficult issues. Why do you think they don't have e-mail addresses to contact them on the 177 website. They allow harassment and intimidation of the workforce and they don't see that the injured members are treated correctly at their biggest time of need. These are all things that the time4change slate are going to try to correct. They may not succeed but I know they will try. The time4change slate is the first slate that I know of to bring an active part-timer on to see that the lost and forgotten in this Local are represented for real. Only a active part-timer can truly walk in the shoes and relate to horrible treatment of the part-time work force in this local.

you're right they don't have e-mail address for the mere fact that THEY GIVE OUT THEIR CELL PHONE NUMBERS AND THEIR HOME NUMBERS!!! seriously...all you talk about is electronic accountabilty....okay...well what does that mean? that all 13 members would need a COMPUTER....hmm well where will that money come from? certainly not from their pockets. and your whole part-time crap is just that CRAP and you know it's not true...LOOK INTO YOUR FACTS! I'M SO DONE WITH YOU BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE THE LIES...and it's so funny you use the word "TRY" they could try and try again BECAUSE THEY WILL FAIL. but honestly, they won't even have the chance to TRY because bye bye "TIMEFORCHANGE", EB is STAYING!

Last edited by a moderator:
and you know, you really shouldn't even open your mouth...because look back at your posts to a month ago...September 12th - you asked what happened at the union meeting...WHY DIDN'T YOU GO??? YOU'RE JUST LIKE THE "TIMEFORCHANGE" GROUP. and how ironic, you were asked how long you have been a member and your response "VERY LONG"......get a grip!

you're right they don't have e-mail address for the mere fact that THEY GIVE OUT THEIR CELL PHONE NUMBERS AND THEIR HOME NUMBERS!!! seriously...all you talk about is electronic accountabilty....okay...well what does that mean? that all 13 members would need a COMPUTER....hmm well where will that money come from? certainly not from their pockets. and your whole part-time crap is just that CRAP and you know it's not true...LOOK INTO YOUR FACTS! I'M SO DONE WITH YOU BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE THE LIES...and it's so funny you use the word "TRY" they could try and try again BECAUSE THEY WILL FAIL. but honestly, they won't even have the chance to TRY because bye bye "TIMEFORCHANGE", EB is STAYING!

and you know, you really shouldn't even open your mouth...because look back at your posts to a month ago...September 12th - you asked what happened at the union meeting...WHY DIDN'T YOU GO??? YOU'RE JUST LIKE THE "TIMEFORCHANGE" GROUP. and how ironic, you were asked how long you have been a member and your response "VERY LONG"......get a grip!
Maybe it is just me but your post has a very hostile tone to it. I don't see where anger has any place in mature discussions that are important to all the rank and file, especially during election time. I am not impressed with having cell and home phone numbers. The fact is that verbal communication is the weakest most unreliable form of communication. E-mail provides a paper trail that is not welcome by the current E. Board. Are you telling me that there has been a part-timer to go full-time by getting a position as a Union Official in the past?

Do you honestly believe that the working conditions and the treatment of employees has improved in this local during the current boards regime? I don't.

no that's not it at all...EVERYTHING you and ur fellow "TIMEFORCHANGE" supporters bring up are the DUMBEST things...e-mail! are you kidding!?! that's ridiculous to even base that on your vote. and amazing how you've failed to comment on anything directed to YOU. where were you on the 12th--why were YOU not at that meeting, that you have to ask people in the brown cafe what happened at the meeting. that's why i have a problem with you and the alike, because you run your mouths and that's all you do!

and not for nothing, i've had personal dealings with two of guys on the board and i have NO problem with how they handled my personal issues. ups will always be ups......to think that ANYONE in the position can take away the mistreatment and change the working conditions ENTIRELY is ridiculous. the guys do the best they can. unforunately for their opposition in MY eye's and many in the local they have way to many flaws and quiet honestly i have NO confidence in the "TIMEFORCHANGE" slate to negotiate the next contract!

no that's not it at all...EVERYTHING you and ur fellow "TIMEFORCHANGE" supporters bring up are the DUMBEST things...e-mail! are you kidding!?! that's ridiculous to even base that on your vote. and amazing how you've failed to comment on anything directed to YOU. where were you on the 12th--why were YOU not at that meeting, that you have to ask people in the brown cafe what happened at the meeting. that's why i have a problem with you and the alike, because you run your mouths and that's all you do!

and not for nothing, i've had personal dealings with two of guys on the board and i have NO problem with how they handled my personal issues. ups will always be ups......to think that ANYONE in the position can take away the mistreatment and change the working conditions ENTIRELY is ridiculous. the guys do the best they can. unforunately for their opposition in MY eye's and many in the local they have way to many flaws and quiet honestly i have NO confidence in the "TIMEFORCHANGE" slate to negotiate the next contract!
The issue is not e-mail the issue is seeking real accountability. E-mail is the best way to easily hold someone accountable for what they say. The current E Board has a reputation for saying they will get back to you and not keeping their word.
There is no requirement to attend Quarterly Union Meetings to be a member in good standing.
There is also no requirement to attend past Quarterly Union Meetings to run for office for Local 177. Attendance at meetings has no relevance to a member's interest in or participation in the Election Process. I have no problem with the idea that a new group will be in office for negotiations of the next contract.

bluehdmc

As far as attending union meetings, we have some members who work on Sundays, (the days meetings are held), our local extends from Trenton, NJ to New Windsor, NY. According to mapquest it's about an hour and a half trip from New Windor to Hillside, to go to a meeting that last about an hour. I did not go to the Sep 12th meeting, but have gone to previous ones, little was discussed in previous meetings about on going greivances (and there are a lot). I suppose it's because the whole day would be taken up by it, but I feel it would be nice to be aware of some of these matters.
Yes, I've heard the arguement that, "They don't apply to you." and other things like that, but I think if members were aware of some of the issues being grieved that there may be more grievances. Would the arbitrator rule differently if there were 2 grievances over an issue or 22?
I just feel a little more openess would be a good thing. Maybe not email to business agents, but maybe some more info on the unions website. I'm only aware of the national grievances from the schedule available thru the TDU website. As far as local grievances there is no info at all.

have u ever had PERSONAL dealings with the current board? or are you just listening to the "timeforchange" crew since that's all you people say?? actually maybe you are one of the "timeforchange" fools in disguise, considering a month ago your posts said you knew nothing about them and wanted to make an informed vote! you certainly couldn't have been brain washed that quickly to put all your enegry to "timeforchange".

and as far as the meetings...in deed there is no requirement, but when you have a bunch of people running for these positions who have never gone to the meetings and one fool opens his mouth and claims "i plan to attend more meetings"....what does that say?!? going to meetings are especially important - whether anything is talked about or - if you plan on running for office. if these guys can't give up one sunday every couple of months; what makes you think they will give up much in general to truly put their members first. it's not happening. their slogan enough and seeing that they took it from obama's campaign...and then to see how low obama'a ratings are; should be enough for anyone to realize who ever chants LIES about all the ridiculous changes the way they do that they aren't any good!

As far as attending union meetings, we have some members who work on Sundays, (the days meetings are held), our local extends from Trenton, NJ to New Windsor, NY. According to mapquest it's about an hour and a half trip from New Windor to Hillside, to go to a meeting that last about an hour. I did not go to the Sep 12th meeting, but have gone to previous ones, little was discussed in previous meetings about on going greivances (and there are a lot). I suppose it's because the whole day would be taken up by it, but I feel it would be nice to be aware of some of these matters.
Yes, I've heard the arguement that, "They don't apply to you." and other things like that, but I think if members were aware of some of the issues being grieved that there may be more grievances. Would the arbitrator rule differently if there were 2 grievances over an issue or 22?
I just feel a little more openess would be a good thing. Maybe not email to business agents, but maybe some more info on the unions website. I'm only aware of the national grievances from the schedule available thru the TDU website. As far as local grievances there is no info at all.

yes perhaps a little more openness wouldn't be a bad thing, but really regardless of what type of union you are in whether it be UPS or education there is a line that you need to draw. my wife is on the union in her school and by law she is not to discuss grievances that go on within her school district. but that's not something coming from local 177 nor is it something coming from my wife's small local........

and would the arbitrator rule differently in certain things depending on the number of complaints. YES! but if you know something thats been grieved...nothing can stop a bunch of you from getting together to all doing the same thing. unless you bombard the heck out of something, it won't make a big stink!

and FYI the meetings AREN'T in hillside...they are in union. and i'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but this is what i mean. a lot of people on here say things without looking into the right facts.

bluehdmc

yes perhaps a little more openness wouldn't be a bad thing, but really regardless of what type of union you are in whether it be UPS or education there is a line that you need to draw. my wife is on the union in her school and by law she is not to discuss grievances that go on within her school district. but that's not something coming from local 177 nor is it something coming from my wife's small local........

and would the arbitrator rule differently in certain things depending on the number of complaints. YES! but if you know something thats been grieved...nothing can stop a bunch of you from getting together to all doing the same thing. unless you bombard the heck out of something, it won't make a big stink!

and FYI the meetings AREN'T in hillside...they are in union. and i'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but this is what i mean. a lot of people on here say things without looking into the right facts.

While grievances may not be discussed, most of us are not even aware of grievances. As I stated in my post, if it wasn't for the TDU, would there be any knowledge of any grievances?

Apparently if the TDU can post a link to them there may not be subject to the same rules your wifes teacher's union is. I worked for a school system at one time and contract negotiations were "secret" until the "best and final offer", yet other places I worked for negotiations were not.

Yes the meetings are in Union, not Hillside, but for someone travelling from New Windsor, NY the distance isn't much different, and a number of people have Sunday-Thursday jobs.

Very few of us work on Sat nites, but what kind of attendance at meetings would there be then?

A little more information on the locals website, perhaps minutes of meetings, would be welcome.

ShopStewardLocal177

The Executive Board Slate is the only choice for me. Time4change slate is running on an empty platform! While campaigning, Time4change all parked their cars in the handicap spots! They think they are above the law? Also while campaigning Time4change was harassing me by yelling at me, just because I support The Executive Board Slate. Time4change also lied about the video they e mailed out to everyone. There was no sound to the video, so they could say that the Board was saying slurs. Funny, when you put the sound on, the only thing being said was about the pension!
Send in your ballots now! Vote The Executive Board Slate! Honesty, Integrity, Experience, Leadership, and Results! The Executive Board Slate is the right choice!

send in your ballots now! Vote the executive board slate! Honesty, integrity, experience, leadership, and results! The executive board slate is the right choice!

really shouldn't be any other way!!!!!!!!!!! And i feel sorry for those people who have gotten sucked into the timeforchange lies!!!!! Executive board is in fact the only slate!

So what were the vote totals for the different slates/candidates?

Time 4 change Executive Board
Slate Slate

SECRETARY/TREASURER:
Christopher Amiaga Victor Palumbo
1049 2429*
PRESIDENT:
Gerry Bennette James DeMartino
1071 2396*
VICE PRESIDENT:
Al Oliveri Al Betts
1092 2371*
RECORDING SECRETARY: