Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

How do you feel about this situation?

• Total voters

born2Bwild

These are seasonal employee which mean that the company didn’t make them permanent yet. why are they withholding dues ? all at once ? This is theft ?

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Thanks local 25... you idiots gave some potent ammo to the RTW :censored2:s.

Every local 25 official should be voted out next election.

Karma...

that's astute on both accounts.........half of the United States are RTW...its just a matter of time for the rest and its nice to see local 25 is helping out

Box Ox

The union shouldn’t be allowed to take dues out of seasonal employees’ paychecks, period. We don’t deal with that :censored2: in my RTW state and itd’d piss me off if the seasonals here did.

While my RTW local is relatively impotent because employees aren’t forced to give it money, there has to be a reasonable balance struck somewhere.

PT Car Washer

You do know UPS has withheld members dues for 2 years right? And UPS told Local 25 they would rectify the problem and took out the dues plus all seasonal employees as well.
Do you mean UPS took the money out of the employees checks and did not give it to the Union for two years? And the Union did nothing?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm not going to take a position, on what happened.

It is a Local (jurisdictional) situation.

But, would rather point out (at least) one questionable circumstance.

"The result was that thousands of seasonal employees took home almost nothing for their

work."

Really....

It happened to thousands of seasonal employees ?

Sound's like "someone".... caught the ear of a Local News reporter.

....yet for some reason, in every story I have watched or read, "the Union has declined to comment"?

Pending ULP or NLRB charges will go nowhere.

It will be fodder.... for the next election. :biggrin:

SoCalUPS

The money was taken out. These workers needed it for the holidays. Christmas is over. It's too late now. The right thing was for this issue to be resolved immediately. Things like this kill us when we go out to try and organize folks

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I hope Big Union Guy doesn't see this. Lol.

You're a little late to the party.

The money was taken out. These workers needed it for the holidays. Christmas is over. It's too late now. The right thing was for this issue to be resolved immediately. Things like this kill us when we go out to try and organize folks

Right or wrong....

You can't argue, with results.

Teamsters Local 25 Charlestown Massachusetts

-Bug-