Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

How do you feel about this situation?

• Total voters

Yolo

Sheila says she thought the union was there to make sure UPS employees got paid a fair wage for the work they perform, telling WBZ, “I thought they were supposed to protect our rights.”

Awesome PR job in Boston. You guys realize that this will damage the reputations of unions all across the country right? When right to work laws come to ballots this evil act by local 25 will be played over and over again in political ads .You guys :censored2:ed over union members everywhere .

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sheila says she thought the union was there to make sure UPS employees got paid a fair wage for the work they perform, telling WBZ, “I thought they were supposed to protect our rights.”

Awesome PR job in Boston. You guys realize that this will damage the reputations of unions all across the country right? When right to work laws come to ballots this evil act by local 25 will be played over and over again in political ads .You guys :censored2:ed over union members everywhere .

@Boston25 seems to have went to radio silence

Handlers must have told him to cool it

SoCalUPS

The majority of Teamsters officials are scum bags. If another Union was created to represent UPS workers, I would gladly leave the Teamsters and join them

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
It's just so painfully obvious.

If a seasonal employee works for 5 weeks, Local 25 can only receive $160 from that employee in initiation fees under the past system, instead of $500, so they changed the rules....all to be "initiated" into a Union they have no expectation to even be a member of after that 5 weeks.

It's shameful if this Local doesn't step up and make it right, and embarrassing to the IBT as a whole.

whats utterly shameful and embarrassing is this local charges initiation fees to holiday temps in the first place. $500 from maybe 1000 employees? quick half million dollar cash grab this POS local does every xmas? are you friend'ing kidding me? how many other locals do this????

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
whats utterly shameful and embarrassing is this local charges initiation fees to holiday temps in the first place. $500 from maybe 1000 employees? quick half million dollar cash grab this POS local does every xmas? are you friend'ing kidding me? how many other locals do this????

That would be a good question to ask the candidates....

in the next upcoming IBT Teamster election.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
How does your Local handle this scenario, do they charge an "initiation fee" to temporary, non-seniority, seasonal employees???

mine does not. in fact with traveling pay for being bused in plus 10 hours paid a day plus $150 weekly bonus for showing up, helpers here in local 804 were clearing 800 to 900 bucks