Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

How do you feel about this situation?

• Total voters

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
So what was the final resolution/solution to the seasonal dues issue?

Here's my guess... This rug looks just like the one at my local, but is much smaller than the rug Hoffa and Taylor use in Washington. :ninja3:
images.jpeg

Fyi, most of all Ups buildings in New England can't staff the building. They hire 365 days a year. For at least the last 5 years, ups has kept on every "seasonal" hire. Most seasonal package car drivers can stay on in the building, if they choose to after peak.
Is this true of seasonal feeder drivers? Are they offered another permanent position if not?

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
If you don’t get on as a friend/T seniority driver after being a casual, which is likely based on recent hiring practices. With the new NE Feeder TCD (Temporary Cover Driver) language I’d try to work your way up from inside. Here’s how that process should work.

If you’ve got the time to invest get on P/T in the local and if possible in the specific building that you want to work out of. You don’t only have to look at how close it is to you geographically but also how many feeder jobs are out of that building. Generally more jobs means more possibilities to work as a Feeder TCD.

Once you make P/T seniority put your name on the feeder TCD list. If you’re already qualified as a casual I’d think there would be no additional training needed. Once on that list you get work friend/T hours in the feeder department, on a week to week basis, over any casuals, in that building, during the free period. If there is no work for you as a feeder TCD you’d be placed back on your P/T shift.

At that point the next step would be to qualify as a 22.4 and gain friend/T seniority, you’d be doing this in order to obtain a friend/T seniority date. This friend/T date stays with you for the rest of your career within your local. The friend/T date is used to bid on jobs and select vacations, in all classifications, as long as you don’t quit.

Now you’re a seniority friend/T employee and should ask to have your name added to the friend/T TTQ, Full Time Tractor Trailer Qualified, list. Again there shouldn’t be any additional training needed.

Once you on the TTQ list you get work when they need drivers year round in feeders based on your seniority date. You should get preference over any TCDs and casuals working in the feeder department local wide.

The next step is to win a feeder bid posted between biennial bids this would secure a spot for you in feeders until the next biennial bid.

At this point you’d be bidding on jobs just like every other friend/T employee.

Hope that helps to understand some of your options.

Yolo

What are the odds of local 25 attacking new hires and seasonals again?

They have yet to apologize for the attack last peak.