Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPSSOCKS

What's up with the release? In the meantime, ask for more negotiations, but quit stalling, that's not what I'm paying you for!!!

You are paying for 10 monnths worth of idle threats... The union is done, weak, pathetic, and cowardly... No power, no pull...

airbusfxr

Dont worry the layoff of the pilots will cause more service failures in the near future. Funny as soon as they quit open time the desk pilots are being run out to fly trips instead of sim time. UPSSUCKS it has been a little longer than 10 months and without a raise in 5 years I still make double what you "earn" each year.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

You are paying for 10 monnths worth of idle threats... The union is done, weak, pathetic, and cowardly... No power, no pull...

Socks, if we could only strike without having to follow the the crappy railroad law from the old days, we would stop your ass in it's tracks. It is pathetic that we have gotten to this point. UPS can give to all kinds of charities to look good, but when it comes to their own employees, they give them the shaft. What a great company to work for! Don't tell me to go elsewhere, how about they live up to their name. Let's say they don't give to anymore charities until they can fix things with their own employees, after all, who is keeping them making the money? It takes every group from UPS, why are we getting the shaft??? I'm pretty sure we made over $550 million for the quarter, how about spreading the wealth???

airbusfxr

UPSSUCKS, I bet you deserve you 60k a year job surfing the net for tee times for you center mgr, and trash talking to your drivers.

Last edited:

mrv

Obi-Wan we are not going to be released. The International is not prepared to ask for a release. The International will not take 250k teamsters out for 920 mechanics. The NMB will not grant us a release in the middle of an economic recovery. Its all smoke and mirrors. Our only hope is change, and change is coming in October.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Obi-Wan we are not going to be released. The International is not prepared to ask for a release. The International will not take 250k teamsters out for 920 mechanics. The NMB will not grant us a release in the middle of an economic recovery. Its all smoke and mirrors. Our only hope is change, and change is coming in October.

This is what I have said all along--how patently unfair it would be for the actions (or more accurately inactivity) of 920 to affect 250K. I guess the IBT does know what it is doing after all.

mrv

This is what I have said all along--how patently unfair it would be for the actions (or more accurately inactivity) of 920 to affect 250K. I guess the IBT does know what it is doing after all.

I have no illusions of people like you supporting us....you don't even support Teamsters that work with you. In 2013 when UPS breaks you down I will support you ,like I supported you in 1997. Not because it suited me personally, but because you are Teamsters.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Support you in what? $43/hr, industry leading benefit and pension, to include a 401k match, and you guys are bitching because you are being asked to pay for a portion ($162/month) of your healthcare? If you need support you should join I Need A Reality Check Anonymous.

I did not agree with or support the strike in'97. I worked during the strike for a construction company. $253 for 46 of the hardest hours I had worked in quite some time. The boss asked me how much I would have made at UPS for those same hours and my answer floored him.

Take off your union blinders and look around. You guys have it way better than most.

airbusfxr

Support you in what? $43/hr, industry leading benefit and pension, to include a 401k match, and you guys are bitching because you are being asked to pay for a portion ($162/month) of your healthcare? If you need support you should join I Need A Reality Check Anonymous.

I did not agree with or support the strike in'97. I worked during the strike for a construction company. $253 for 46 of the hardest hours I had worked in quite some time. The boss asked me how much I would have made at UPS for those same hours and my answer floored him.

Take off your union blinders and look around. You guys have it way better than most.
You guys have it way better than most because we are providing UPS with on-time, long range, large commercial jets flying valuable, high revenue products around the world.

UPSSOCKS

You guys have it way better than most because we are providing UPS with on-time, long range, large commercial jets flying valuable, high revenue products around the world.

I bet you guys walk on water too. How do you think the packages get to the airport? How do you think the packages get delivered? We could contract out anyone to fly the packages. It's the ground workers that unload, sort, pickoff, load, and protect these packages. It's a ground worker that recognizes that a package has an air service level and needs to get to the airport. You mechanics don't make anything better for anyone. Take a look at this thread, you are making things worse.

geneva54

Wow what a bunch of lame comments. Yes I am bitching about having to pay for health care with a company that makes millions and is using the bad economy as an excuse to take things away. Im sure you will be bitching yourself when your contract is up and the company wants you to pay for healthcare.
Do you even have a clue what it takes to get licensed as an A&P with the FAA? Do you realize how liable we are for any mistakes we make using our license? I doubt that you even have a clue...........

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Wow what a bunch of lame comments. Yes I am bitching about having to pay for health care with a company that makes millions and is using the bad economy as an excuse to take things away. Im sure you will be bitching yourself when your contract is up and the company wants you to pay for healthcare.
Do you even have a clue what it takes to get licensed as an A&P with the FAA? Do you realize how liable we are for any mistakes we make using our license? I doubt that you even have a clue...........

I don't... Tell us!:peaceful:

What's an A&P other than an old grocery store???

Obi-Wan

Yes MRV, I knew that last week, I just wanted to put the hook out there to see who had the inside intel.

Our next contract needs to have language of no work getting farmed out if even one mechanic is on lay-off status. The hostages are the reason this game is being drawn out to no end.

UPSTATE New Yorker, why would you be willing to pay for healthcare when the company is still making money?

I said spread the wealth when we all work for it, not take it from the rich as Obama does.

Fur-low

The word is... NDA sup. lost his ticket for 60 days. Look's like their game of "Rat to the FAA" back fired. The mech. was in the right & the sup. tried to hide it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
The word is... NDA sup. lost his ticket for 60 days. Look's like their game of "Rat to the FAA" back fired. The mech. was in the right & the sup. tried to hide it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Huh? "Lost Ticket"..I assume is his A&P............Why would they "Rat to the FAA"??? More details, please.

mrv

Huh? "Lost Ticket"..I assume is his A&P............Why would they "Rat to the FAA"??? More details, please.

FAA suspended his licence for 60 because he PW and item he did not accomplish. Remember PW DOLdwg? Your favorite thing to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.