Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
FAA suspended his licence for 60 because he PW and item he did not accomplish. Remember PW DOLdwg? Your favorite thing to do!

As polite as I may be............*** are you talking about????? PW? DOLdwg? Favorite thing?? I don't get it...........

mrv

As polite as I may be............*** are you talking about????? PW? DOLdwg? Favorite thing?? I don't get it...........

Remember when you used to wrench DOLdwg? You had two thing in you box...a hammer and a pencil. You used the hammer to apply shock and the Pencil to Pencil Whip the item.:happy-very:

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Remember when you used to wrench DOLdwg? You had two thing in you box...a hammer and a pencil. You used the hammer to apply shock and the Pencil to Pencil Whip the item.:happy-very:

OK now I recall when I moved airplanes.......Old Days!

Obi-Wan

More Mechanic lay offs and Pilot furloughs, but yet $160,000 in grants to be awarded. I'm all for the environmental cleanup, but can UPS have compassion to their own employees first?

UPSSOCKS

Did I miss the strike??? More layoffs, and Furloughs???? Boy this strike has the company right where you want them... Eating out of your pockets..... THANKS FOR YOUR UNION DUES

Obi-Wan

NMB Released Spirit Airlines Pilots, Strike set for June 12th. UPS Mechanics to be Released by NMB next???

Fur-low

UPS opens Shenzhen hub

14-May-2010
UPS has started operations at two new air hubs: the Shenzhen Asia Pacific Hub (SAPH) in China and the expanded UPS Worldport global air hub in Louisville (US).
SAPH is located at Shenzhen Baoan International Airport in China's Pearl River Delta and it replaces the UPS hub in Clark (The Philippines).
The hub cost US$180 million and its location means a reduction of a day for shipment time-in-transit for customers in the region, says UPS.
“We want to be where our customers need us most,” said Dan Brutto, president. “Since we began flying directly to China in 2001, we have watched this region grow exponentially not only from a small package perspective but also in heavy airfreight. Given the growth in shipping along the southern rim of China, it now makes more sense to sort and dispatch this volume from a hub closer to our customers."
The Shenzhen hub can process up to 18,000 pieces per hour – compared to 7,500 pieces per hour at the former Philippine facility – and this can be increased up to 36,000 pieces per hour.

Fur-low

MASKargo will fly to US again

12-May-2010
MALAYSIA Airlines Cargo (MASkargo) says it is planning to restart freight operations to the US in July. This will be the first time that the Malaysian cargo carrier has served the US since 2001.
likely destinations would be Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and New York.
"Through this agreement our capacity has increased. After looking at the US market very carefully and through this we can find a viable plan with Southern Air to enter US market through China," he said.
MASkargo is currently operating two 747-400F freighters.

THERE'S ATLEAST (2) MORE 400'S WE COULD BRING BACK.

ACE

Obi-Wan we are not going to be released. The International is not prepared to ask for a release. The International will not take 250k teamsters out for 920 mechanics. The NMB will not grant us a release in the middle of an economic recovery. Its all smoke and mirrors. Our only hope is change, and change is coming in October.

I tend to agree with you but this Obama administration doesn't behave according to Hoyle. The US Treasury owns over 7 billion shares of Citibank and plan to sell all shares in 2010. Obama is doing everything he can to beat the company up with the bank reform bill that will be voted on this week.

unionman

LOUISVILLE, Ky., May 19 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- For the first time in its 103 year history UPS (NYSE: UPS) will furlough pilots. The first fifty-four pilots will be laid off on Sunday, May 23. This is the first wave of a plan UPS announced in February to layoff at least 300 of its airline pilots. The 2,800 UPS pilots, represented by the Independent Pilots Association, had since April 2009 preserved these jobs through voluntary cost cutting programs.
"At a time when the number one issue for most Americans is creating jobs, UPS is creating unemployment," said Captain Robert Thrush; President of the Independent Pilots Association. Captain Thrush went on to say, "What makes this furlough truly unfortunate is that our pilots took it upon themselves to give-up pay and benefits to produce $117 million in guaranteed savings for UPS, enough to keep these 300 pilots employed well into 2011."
Under the Voluntary Jobs Protection Program UPS pilots were able to generate cost savings for UPS by: taking reductions in flight pay guarantees; taking unpaid leaves of absence; participating in job sharing; taking military leave; contributing unused sick bank time; and taking early retirement.
"This all came to a crashing halt on January 11 when UPS pulled a bait and switch. They told us that they now needed $244 million in savings through 2015, and that its preference was for 'compulsory savings' – UPS speak for furloughs," said Captain Thrush. He went on to say, "While we were taken back by UPS almost doubling its original request and tacking on an additional four years, our pilots didn't flinch. They were more than willing to step-up, extend and expand the Voluntary Jobs Protection Program to cover UPS's demands, and keep the 300 employed."
On February 8, within days of UPS CEO Scott Davis declaring "looks like this recession is finally over," UPS told the IPA that it was unwilling to continue with current voluntary savings programs, or consider others; it began the furlough process, and issued a press release.
"What I find the most galling are the disingenuous statements in the UPS press release. They mockingly hold out hope that the furloughs may be mitigated, averted, or eliminated; and shamefully attempt to place blame on the pilots for somehow failing to act," said Captain Thrush, who went on to say, "At a time when unions are being excoriated, and blamed for a litany of economic ills it's important to remember that one union covered the cost to save 300 jobs – instead UPS chose to create unemployment and add to local, county, state and federal unemployment and social services rolls."
Founded in 1990, the Independent Pilots Association is the collective bargaining unit for the 2,800 pilots who operate the UPS Airline.
SOURCE Independent Pilots Association

unionman

I think your way past "becoming embarrassing"
You and Ups management are the real joke. Stock is going down the toilet with revenues increasing and its about to get a lot worse.

United Parcel Service Inc (NYSE:UPS)

62.80 Data as of 01:43pm ET
-0.63 /

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
You and Ups management are the real joke. Stock is going down the toilet with revenues increasing and its about to get a lot worse.
United Parcel Service Inc (NYSE:UPS)

62.80 Data as of 01:43pm ET
-0.63 /
Analyst lifts shares of FedEx, UPS to 'Buy'

Hmm, we'll see..The whole stock market has been down lately not just UPS, but I'm sure you knew that!:wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.